Thread: Whats your win condition?

Whats your win condition?

Alright I know that everyone plays differently and has a different thought process on how to "win", but I want to know what are the most common ways you look to win the game...

-Big Body (just guys/gals with big attack and go in hard)
    -Big Mind (looking for that card that controls until the end)
    -Quick Attack (those cards that move in for the hit quickly and every/almost every turn)
    -Direct Attack (cards that do a ton of direct damage, either one or two at a time or when you can pair with others to hit hard to the FACE)
    -Combo (maybe those cards who hit hard to the face either with direct damage or taking out all the characters)
    -.... (something that my little brain can't think of)

I would like your replies and maybe even the cards that you use the most while building your team. I will try to, after about a week in the forums, gather the data and create a blog about it. I will try to create some form of infographic or chart showing some of the most/best ways to look for win conditions!

So, post what your main win condition style is, why you like it, who you look at the most (or maybe who you have been looking at lately), and if you have any good suggestions send them through!

Cheers!

Something that clears the board, or allows me to "guarantee" lethal that turn.

My win condition is whatever my opponent is least equipped to deal with.

My win condition is to hope that my opponent rolls very poorly, and forgets how to play midgame.

I don't win very many games.

I like the scoup and bounce, that is where, my opponent decided to leave mid match, because it is taking him forever to whittle my health away, while I wipe his board with dragons.

Evil... Demoralization?... Table Flips?

Usually a combination of Big Mind and Combo.

I'm really liking direct damage right now. I know, I know... but hear me out. There is something special about winning a game while doing very little damage to your opponent. If I could make a control team that almost forces them to "decide" to take all of the damage themselves (McRook, AvX Professor X), then that would be the ultimate evil.

I love this post!!

However the answer is all of them, I like to play with all of these styles.
    However in my heart of heart I love the control game, I love Jinzo, Constantine I even posted about mind games so in my heart of hearts I love control style.

However, I am very good at playing aggro teams, fast beat down guys like super pawns was my first tourney win team.
    With AOU about to hit, I will most likely look for control style first, in rainbow I am looking for some control. Once I have my first mixed tourney I will be posting about my BEWD center team, because that will be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Evil... Demoralization?... Table Flips?

Usually a combination of Big Mind and Combo.
    Yes, Table Flips is one I forgot to add on! Love that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Vapedaveb View Post
    I love this post!!

However the answer is all of them, I like to play with all of these styles.
    However in my heart of heart I love the control game, I love Jinzo, Constantine I even posted about mind games so in my heart of hearts I love control style.

However, I am very good at playing aggro teams, fast beat down guys like super pawns was my first tourney win team.
    With AOU about to hit, I will most likely look for control style first, in rainbow I am looking for some control. Once I have my first mixed tourney I will be posting about my BEWD center team, because that will be a thing.
    I think the one thing I am excited about AoU is the control with Capture techniques that seem to be making a big hit. It should be interesting to see how BEWD fits into the new Meta mold after the next release. Let me know what you come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Wargfn View Post
    I like the scoup and bounce, that is where, my opponent decided to leave mid match, because it is taking him forever to whittle my health away, while I wipe his board with dragons.
    Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    Something that clears the board, or allows me to "guarantee" lethal that turn.
    I am right there with you RJ, I love to just field, field, field, Sweep, Win with lethal. But as I field I am looking to do some direct damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    Whatever feels the most consistent.
    I can understand that. Especially considering there usually is a certain play style your local scene has.

My win condition on my main competitive team is my opponent's win condition. Thanks to Rogue - Can't Touch This. Whatever they bring I can use against them.

Bug Guys / Overcrush is my go to, but Direct Damage and Retaliation are both fun too.

I don't know if I could nail it down, to be honest. I've gone the combo route (High Hopes - Patch/Ant Man), the board clear (Patch/Hulk), the direct damage (Gobby/Retaliation), etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I don't know if I could nail it down, to be honest. I've gone the combo route (High Hopes - Patch/Ant Man), the board clear (Patch/Hulk), the direct damage (Gobby/Retaliation), etcetera.
    Honestly I think with the game and sets still being "young" compared to other CCGs, that if you are not trying new styles every once in a while that you aren't playing the game to it's full potential. I love having all the options to try new and fun ways to play!

I do find that my win condition varies based on the team I am running, but there is a consistency of needing to know what it is and how to get to it. I have ran the control teams that may not be a win condition in themselves, but allow me to reach the one I have planned quicker.

With the first three sets, it was fairly easy to build 3 different win conditions into a team and switch back and forth between them. I still try to keep that option open if I can. I do try for different themed teams, but I can't seem to get out of the mindset of:
    A) Destroy opponents dice to create an opening.
    B) Utilize opening to eliminate opponent.