Thread: Magik: Red Flag 113

Magik: Red Flag 113

Text:
    After Magik damages an opponent, reroll her die until you roll a face. Deal 1 damage to your opponent for each character face you rolled before rolling a . Place Magik in your used pile.

My question:
    I am to keep rolling Magik until a shows up. Just to be sure, what are the chances of that happening each time I roll the die? Is it 50% or 17%? (In other words, do the duel faces count the same as the single face for this effect?)

Pretty sure it is any face. I used this card in quite an epic way on the weekend. I'm toying with taking my first crack at a blog in order to document the epicness of it.

Questions answered!

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...hp?f=10&t=2173

Yes, it is any face, single or double. So 50% per roll.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Questions answered!

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...hp?f=10&t=2173

Yes, it is any face, single or double. So 50% per roll.
    While that does answer the question...it also gives a little insight into the people answering questions on the Wizkids forum.

The Magik die, and all character dice, do not have a ? face, so why bring that up in the response? ...weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Meatman View Post
    While that does answer the question...it also gives a little insight into the people answering questions on the Wizkids forum.

The Magik die, and all character dice, do not have a ? face, so why bring that up in the response? ...weird...
    I think they were clarifying not so much for this specific ability, but for things like Pyro. When a card says face, or face, or whatever face, it means single or double, but never ?

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    I think they were clarifying not so much for this specific ability, but for things like Pyro. When a card says face, or face, or whatever face, it means single or double, but never ?
    Yeah, I get what you are saying. The basic jist is that any ability that requires rolling a die and getting a specific energy type from that roll...a wild roll will not count. So in Magik's case, she requires a to be rolled. So, if the impossible happened, and a ? face showed up when you rolled her die, then it would not count as a and you would continue rolling.

Just seemed like a strange thing to bring up since it is not relevant to that specific die. Dude must have been a little tired, or on autopilot when he wrote that... Thats okay, I'm on autopilot most of the time I'm at my job.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatman View Post

Just reinforcing the ruling that a ? does not count as an energy face for abilities that check energy faces. Just like reminder text - it reminds you of meta rules but usually just serves to confuse people.