Thread: Article: Let's Chat!

I have been thinking that this would be a great way to let people know you will be or are at the time on Vassal. I know that I have gotten in a Hangout with some guys, so it's easy to message them, but for those not in Hangouts this would be good to just say, "Hey, on Vassal and ready to play if you guys are."

I wish the chat was a bit taller. 300px is a little tight. Optimally, it'd use the entire height of the window, but a conservative 500px ain't bad either.

*sigh*

Another feature that only works on mobile if you go to the Full Site first, and then only if you can somehow get the floating menu bar to not get in the way, which I never can.

@Ken, please make this stuff work better on mobile!

:cries:

Quote Originally Posted by nutki View Post
    You can always open the console (Ctrl+Shift+K) and then paste this:
    document.getElementsByClassName( "dbtech_vbshout_frame" )[0].style.height="500px"
    I just edited the CSS directly. 300px -> 900px since I'm nasty.

But obviously, that's not a convenient solution for everyone, especially if if their brain shuts down the second they see developer tools or code.

Seems like chat should be promoted more. If I popped on the site and could see how many "active" chatters there were above, I might be inclined to chat, too! I know it's intentionally hidden, but I feel like it's already dead, so let's try a different approach?

Did anyone mention the chat needs to flash the tab when there's human activity chattin'? 'cause it does.

Quote Originally Posted by digitallimit View Post
    Did anyone mention the chat needs to flash the tab when there's human activity chattin'? 'cause it does.
    YES!