Thread: Spoilers at SDCC

Ooh, my productivity for the morning just dropped significantly.

So the cackling fedora is anti-monitor. Makes sense.

I'm pretty bummed I'm not going to SDCC this year. I've gone the last 4 or 5 years

Anywho, I'm kind of glad WoL is being delayed a bit. Gives me more time to save money.

(3) BAC: Heroic Defense
    Your characters get +1A and +1D. For each of your character dice KO'ed this turn, gain life equal to that die's level.

So get a Level 3 Solomon Grundy out, use this action die, and KO an opposing character while gaining 3 life, for the cost of a

Ummm... If I KO a lvl 3 Robin over and over, does that mean I get 3 life per Robin?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Ummm... If I KO a lvl 3 Robin over and over, does that mean I get 3 life per Robin?
    That...is a very good point. I would say so.

Yeah, but assembling a 3 die combo that doesn't kill your opponent, doesn't advance your board, requires an energy sink to work continuously, and has a hard cap on effectiveness doesn't seem like the right way to go. Seems fun, but also kinda bad.

Oh, I agree completely. However, we already have a way to make Robin a villain, then trigger manta, over and over. Add to that iceman and PXG, and that can be an easy 15 point swing in a match.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    Yeah, but assembling a 3 die combo that doesn't kill your opponent, doesn't advance your board, requires an energy sink to work continuously, and has a hard cap on effectiveness doesn't seem like the right way to go. Seems fun, but also kinda bad.
    Which is why you bring along a Global to make both Batman and Robin into Villains, and add Black Manta to the team for Retaliation. Then each time you do it, you're also dealing 2 direct damage while healing 3.

ONE SECOND GUYS, I AM ASSEMBLING MY 8 CHARACTER COMBO

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by digitallimit View Post
    ONE SECOND GUYS, I AM ASSEMBLING MY 8 CHARACTER COMBO
    I have this issue all the time. I cannot simplify... Tunnel vision, I guess (and yes, Robin retaliation with life gain is still going to be my first WoL build. I'm a sucker for convoluted combos)