Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 251

Thread: AoU Gravity Feed Rarity Distribution Thread

  1. #1

    AoU Gravity Feed Rarity Distribution Thread

    I have heard rumour of people getting early access to AoU, so I thought it worth starting this now.

    If you are opening one or more full gravity feeds, please record and report counts for:

    # of Feeds opened.
    # of Commons total.
    # of Uncommons total.
    # of Rares total.
    # of Super Rares total and which ones.
    # of Chase Rares total and which ones.

    Then, once some numbers start coming in I will put together a Google Sheet to collate the data, and will periodically report stats updates.

    Google Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

    Please include counts for all rarities - I will not be including partial data this time as it throws the averages out.

    I am now including partial data (for example just counts of chase, super, and rare), but complete counts for all rarities is preferred.

    Thanks.

    Summary @ 22:15 15/09/2015 GMT:

    Complete Data
    Summary (per Feed):
    Commons: 114.937
    Uncommons: 47.297
    Rares: 15.910
    Super Rares: 1.694
    Chase Rares: 0.108

    Captain Universe SRs: 0.225
    Groot SRs: 0.216
    Jocasta SRs: 0.252
    Thanos SRs: 0.297

    Electro Zombie SRs: 0.153
    Gladiator Zombie SRs: 0.207
    Magneto Zombie SRs: 0.189
    Red Skull Zombie SRs: 0.153

    Electro Zombie CRs: 0.018
    Gladiator Zombie CRs: 0.045
    Magneto Zombie CRs: 0.000
    Red Skull Zombie CRs: 0.054

    Partial Data
    Summary (per Feed):
    Commons: 111.167
    Uncommons: 47.000
    Rares: 16.125
    Super Rares: 1.833
    Chase Rares: 0.018

    Captain Universe SRs: 0.174
    Groot SRs: 0.167
    Jocasta SRs: 0.174
    Thanos SRs: 0.174

    Electro Zombie SRs: 0.403
    Gladiator Zombie SRs: 0.292
    Magneto Zombie SRs: 0.278
    Red Skull Zombie SRs: 0.132

    Electro Zombie CRs: 0.000
    Gladiator Zombie CRs: 0.000
    Magneto Zombie CRs: 0.000
    Red Skull Zombie CRs: 0.018

    Overall Data
    Summary (per Feed):
    Commons: 114.706
    Uncommons: 47.305
    Rares: 15.968
    Super Rares: 1.684
    Chase Rares: 0.124

    Captain Universe SRs: 0.205
    Groot SRs: 0.204
    Jocasta SRs: 0.276
    Thanos SRs: 0.290

    Electro Zombie SRs: 0.167
    Gladiator Zombie SRs: 0.205
    Magneto Zombie SRs: 0.184
    Red Skull Zombie SRs: 0.138

    Electro Zombie CRs: 0.029
    Gladiator Zombie CRs: 0.037
    Magneto Zombie CRs: 0.000
    Red Skull Zombie CRs: 0.063
    Last edited by Scorpion0x17; 09-15-2015 at 05:16 PM.

  2. #2
    Here's what I got and a few thoughts....

    # of Feeds opened= 1
    # of Commons total= 114
    # of Uncommons total= 49
    # of Rares total= 16
    # of Super Rares total and which ones = 1 (Zombie Magneto)
    # of Chase Rares total and which ones = 0

    My personal notes:
    • I don't think I did too bad with one feed and the starter as I'm not a huge Super-Rare chaser. I'm one Uncommon (stupid SHIELD Agents) and 12 rares from having a complete set outside of Super-Rares.
    • As for dice I got all but 5 to have a complete play set of 4 for each character with 40 dice spare outside those sets.
    • Some of the starter characters, even though they are Commons now, were very limited in my feed. Vision came down to the last few packs before I got two of him from the feed to finish his dice play set.
    • Dice quality pretty good: better than the earlier Marvel sets (hopefully) but still not as rock solid as the D&D set. -For me, a few really odd color choices were made this time. Pepper Potts, Moondragon, and Gamora all have ugly dice. And I'm not sure about the mint green for Maria Hill. All the rest look pretty good. Captain America and Ultron are particular standouts. But the rest of them are really good design choices for the symbols and the paint quality is overall decent.
    • The Zombie cards are listed on the checklist as Super-Rare, that's why I listed it as such. I was disappointed at first to get Z Mags, but he actually looks like a fun card and, at 6 cost, he may get some play.
    • Many of the Commons have no color stripe at all but several do have the grey strip. From what I can tell from my cards all the feed cards for the starter characters have the strip, as well as Giant Man, Maria Hill, SHIELD Agents (there they go again!),Ultron Drone, and the Wasp have the Common strip. All the rest have nothing.
    • Mrs. Marvel common has an incorrect subtitle (says "Captain Marvel") on the checklist; it should read, "Maj. Carol Danvers".
    • I had a high (compared to other feeds) number of double dice packs- meaning that it had two of the same character card/die. I think I had 5 in this feed -usually I have no more than 1 or 2. Luckily the cards weren't doubles and those packs helped me finish dice card sets.

    EDIT/UPDATE: Didn't know WizKids already had pointed out the color stripe issue on their website.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150709_164713.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	1785
    In case anyone was wondered: pictured from L to R are the dice for the following characters (if anyone wants me to post a pic of them all together let me know; this was just a quick pic I took):
    Daredevil, Helicarrier, Spider-Woman, Red Skull, Groot, Baron Zemo, Hyperion, Captain Marvel, Thanos, SHIELD Agents, Moondragon, Loki's Scepter, Star-Lord, Wonder Man, Rocket, Loki, Wasp, Maria Hill, Enchantress, Gamora, Starhawk, Captain Universe, and barely visible is Jocasta.

    Overall, not a bad looking set that I hope to get to play sometime this weekend...Happy hunting to everyone else!

    UPDATE 2: Doesn't change my feed results but, after seeming so many who are getting two SR in a box, I am happy to report I pulled a Thanos SR (plus a Wasp Rare I needed) from a friendly draft last night. At least the Dice Masters gods smile on me sometimes
    Last edited by shuanfu; 07-19-2015 at 03:50 PM.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by shuanfu View Post
    Here's what I got and a few thoughts....

    # of Feeds opened= 1
    # of Commons total= 114
    # of Uncommons total= 49
    # of Rares total= 16
    # of Super Rares total and which ones = 1 (Zombie Magneto)
    # of Chase Rares total and which ones = 0
    As a completest, it's sad to see that even with 8 Super Rares, there are still feeds with only 1 Super Rare. I was hoping they would increase the distribution of Super Rares.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowcat129 View Post
    As a completest, it's sad to see that even with 8 Super Rares, there are still feeds with only 1 Super Rare. I was hoping they would increase the distribution of Super Rares.
    I agree. That's why I sort of gave up on the Super Rares because they were so hard to get. I enjoyed the DC box more because I got two SR; at least then I was 1/2 way there. With 8 SR one in 90 packs is just "blah".

    The completest side of me wishes the feeds were like the old days of buying Marvel trading cards. They sold the boxes with a guarantee you'd get at the very least one complete set of all the cards except the chases if you bought the entire box. You were guaranteed at least 1 of the super-rares.

    I wish it was that way now: those like me buying a box would know they are at least going to get a mostly complete set if they buy the whole thing while those that love the packs (or putting in less money) can still get their buzz from buying them and hoping for the cards they need or maybe a super rare. Seems like it would be the best of both worlds. The way it is now I still have cards from the main set to hunt down (13 total), forget about the Super Rares.

  5. #5
    # of Feeds opened= 1
    # of Commons total= 116
    # of Uncommons total= 45
    # of Rares total= 17
    # of Super Rares total and which ones = 1 (Jocasta)
    # of Chase Rares total and which ones = 1 (Full art Red Skull)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	1879

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by AJV1785 View Post
    # of Super Rares total and which ones = 1 (Jocasta)
    # of Chase Rares total and which ones = 1 (Full art Red Skull)
    Luck %*$#*! :P

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Luck %*$#*€! :P
    About time I made a good pull!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by AJV1785 View Post
    About time I made a good pull!
    I knew it...I always get the bad box But great for you! I really want to sleeve my cards by color too but found it too cost prohibitive now that I'm so deep in.

    Outside of SR's your box seemed very close to mine...
    Last edited by shuanfu; 07-11-2015 at 12:02 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by shuanfu View Post
    I knew it...I always get the bad box But great for you! I really want to sleeve my cards by color too but found it too cost prohibitive now that I'm so deep in.

    Outside or SR's your box seemed very close to mine...
    I think this is going to be the normal... 1.5 SR per gravity feed...

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by AJV1785 View Post
    I think this is going to be the normal... 1.5 SR per gravity feed...
    Based on the 3 data points I've seen so far it's looking likely.

    Which is a shame.

    But I am most interested in the comparative drop rates of the different SRs (particularly the Zombie to non-Zombie ratio) and the ratio of CRs to SRs.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Based on the 3 data points I've seen so far it's looking likely.

    Which is a shame.

    But I am most interested in the comparative drop rates of the different SRs (particularly the Zombie to non-Zombie ratio) and the ratio of CRs to SRs.
    I'm calling regular zombies will be as common as set SR cards.

  12. #12
    I thought it was basically confirmed by the AoU super rare sheets that we've seen that the standard SR and zombie SR drop rates would be the same. Just 1 out of every 7 zombies will be full art.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I thought it was basically confirmed by the AoU super rare sheets that we've seen that the standard SR and zombie SR drop rates would be the same. Just 1 out of every 7 zombies will be full art.
    There are some important assumptions in that 'confirmation'.

    If the data supports those assumptions then we can be more confident in predicting drop rates going forward.

  14. #14
    I've got two feeds ordered from Miniature Market I'll be sure to post my results when they come in. Anyone have any idea how long they take to ship post release?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by KennedyHawk View Post
    I've got two feeds ordered from Miniature Market I'll be sure to post my results when they come in. Anyone have any idea how long they take to ship post release?
    I ordered 2 DC feeds from them. Normal shipping it arrived on the Monday after release.

    *edit* Just got an email that mine shipped today. I paid extra for 2nd day air this time, so I'm not sure if that made them ship it quicker. Hoping maybe it'll come tomorrow, but it'll probably be here Wednesday.
    Last edited by DigitalFirefly; 07-13-2015 at 12:29 PM. Reason: update

  16. #16
    Mine are preordered and I'll update once I pick them up. I am really hoping that the 8 super rares and 4 chase rares per set doesn't become a trend, it's part of the reason games like Yugioh have become money sinks where sealed product is never, ever, ever worth buying if you want anything specific. Or anything worth your money at all. Making sets accessible keeps prices on the second hand market down and makes people more willing to purchase product. I hope Wizkids realizes this.

  17. #17
    To me I think it depends on if the Chase Rares are different in gameplay or not. As long as they are just alternate art, I don't care about them and will keep going on my merry way. I will say I'm not a fan of characters only existing in a SR format, but I also don't care about Zombies at all and they also don't seem to be game-breakingly powerful.

  18. #18
    I was really hoping going from 4 to 8 SRs they would at least up the SR distribution from 1.5 per feed to 2 or 2.5.

  19. #19
    A friend of mine opened up a gravity feed this morning and got 2 Magneto zombies. I don't have the full stats, but I thought it was worth adding to the discussion.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by CBattles6 View Post
    A friend of mine opened up a gravity feed this morning and got 2 Magneto zombies. I don't have the full stats, but I thought it was worth adding to the discussion.
    Was one of them chase?

  21. #21

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post
    I ordered 2 DC feeds from them. Normal shipping it arrived on the Monday after release.

    *edit* Just got an email that mine shipped today. I paid extra for 2nd day air this time, so I'm not sure if that made them ship it quicker. Hoping maybe it'll come tomorrow, but it'll probably be here Wednesday.
    Good to see. I also got a confirmation e-mail this morning stating mine shipped but I didn't pay for the 2nd day air. Let me know when your arrives and we can spend on shipping or not next set .

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by CBattles6 View Post
    Both. #lucky
    2 Full art zombie magnetos in the same feed?

  24. #24
    any one notice if the SR's tend to be found near the top of the gravity feed? doesn't seem to always to be the case, but if i open the top and buy 20 off the top i get a SR about 75% of the time.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEone78 View Post
    any one notice if the SR's tend to be found near the top of the gravity feed? doesn't seem to always to be the case, but if i open the top and buy 20 off the top i get a SR about 75% of the time.
    I always open the top of the box & every SR I've gotten has been near the bottom. With my UXM feed, I didn't even get a rare until I was about 20 packs in. And my SR Mindflayer was in the last pack at the bottom of the feed. I've got an AoU feed coming this week; I'll see if my "bottom feeder" luck holds up...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •