Thread: Green Lantern Ring?

Green Lantern Ring?

I am so confused about what is Green Lantern Ring, Vibration shield, Thor's hammer how do you exactly use it and when does it go into the used pile? Help quite confused!!!!

What do you mean to use it, they have different versions so the outcome is different about what they do. But a Action Die you used in your Main Step or in your Attack step before globals and Damage is dealed goes Out of Play and then into the USED Pile at the end of your turn.

Also on Vibranium shield Uncommon and rare it is written when they go to the used pile.

These are Action Die, like @IgwanaRob said. Some can be used immediately and others can be used on another die. Once used, unless other wise stated, they go to the used. Just as if they were character dice that hit the opponent directly. So there are Basic Action Dice that anyone can buy and then Action Dice that only you can buy, just remember they take up a character slot. So you replace this action die with a character, therefore you have 8 either character or character/action cards and then 2 'Basic Action' dice.

Thanks I was told it was a sidekick die and didn't think it was correct! SO Lantern ring is used before the attack step! Makes sense!

you can also use it during the attack step if you would like, and it's your turn. after the attack step the die goes to the used pile either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    you can also use it during the attack step if you would like, and it's your turn. after the attack step the die goes to the used pile either way.
    Just FYI (because I had a disagreement about it at my OP last week and I double-checked the rule book):

If it is on its action face, it goes to Used at the end of the turn if you didn't use it. If it is on an energy face (even ), it can stay in your Reserve Pool (especially with newer sets allowing you to use Generic energy for Global Abilities).

Oh wow didn't know you could use the 2 to help with energy! Thanks that helps this is in the rule book right?

Yes. is called "generic energy", it can be used for anything that does not require a specific type of energy (Purchasing or most Globals).

To be more specific, you could use + to buy a 3-cost character, or you could use to field a character with a fielding cost of 2. You could use it towards the purchase of a Basic Action Die (or some of the spells/equipment in D&D that are not energy-specific).

What you cannot do is only use 1 energy and save the rest. So if you wanted to buy a 2-cost character, you could pay a + , but you would lose the extra energy unless used it at the same time (like to field a 1-fielding-cost character). You could also spend + + to buy two 2-cost characters at the same time.

Exactly he case, I did make that seem like it wasn't didn't I? My apologies.

The only reason I pointed it out was because I had a Basic Action Die on a face during my last OP event. My opponent argued that since it was an Action Die, it automatically went to the Used Pile at the end of my turn. We were drafting UXM, so I didn't actually have any use for it, but I went and checked the Rulebook later

These are Globals that can use any type of energy (including Generic). There are some more like this coming in the Marvel Age of Ultron set (releasing next week). All other Globals require the specific type of energy listed. can substitute for any type of energy, but cannot.

If the global says something like: "Pay 2..." then yes. But if it says Pay then you have to have a bolt energy.

Example of generic:

Example of specific energy:

These are Globals that can use any type of energy (including Generic). There are some more like this coming in the Marvel Age of Ultron set (releasing next week). All other Globals require the specific type of energy listed. can substitute for any type of energy, but cannot.[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it!

What is with the Zombie cards with Age of Ultron? DId they run out of ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by BeckSpeck81 View Post
    What is with the Zombie cards with Age of Ultron? DId they run out of ideas?
    They are a popular thing in the comics. A lot of people want them. Rather than make them common characters, they made them all Super-Rare (with full-art Chase Rare variants) for people to pay more to try to collect them, and to limit their use (for people who don't care about them).

Hey another quick question for you.... when Loki Gem Keeper is fielded does that mean globals are nullified/ blocked also?
    Also Loki Gem keeper states that all previous choices are cancelled so doesn't that mean that the ones that I already have fielded are cancelled? So shouldn't I put him (dice) in the used pile? What happens to that fielded dice?

Loki just stops a character from being fielded. He doesn't do anything else. "Cancel all previous choices" means that you can only use his ability on one card at a time. So if you field Loki and name Constantine, then field another Loki and choose a different card, that different choice would override the original. You seem to be reading between the lines a bit, looking for stuff in the card text that isn't printed there. Just step back and look at it at face value and that may help you.