Thread: So yeah, got wrecked by GG and Mr. Anger

So yeah, got wrecked by GG and Mr. Anger

Last night, I was playing at my local store and the guy I was playing used a ton of Nick Furry and then threw in Hulk GG! Any ideas how to deal with them? (probably been asked before but just in case)

Anything that can KO without doing damage (Psylocke - Assassin is one) will get rid of Hulk for at least a bit. Hulk is also expensive so it can take a while to get ramped up to purchase him.

I'm just going to leave this here...

There's also the Grundy/BEWD combo, Storm, and Jade Giant for fairly meta answers to Hulk, it all depends on what your team is set up for.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    I've always thought Surfer on any team struggling with the Hulk only gave my opponent another option for trigger (on their turn). There's also the option of bringing Hulk - Jade Giant. Umber Hulk and Storm are also ways to remove a Hulk.

That's the trick though, my team isn't worried about Hulk proccing. Unless it's Jade Giant, the team is built around the idea of absorbing hulk and not caring if your opponent brings him to the table. Accordingly, bringing as many triggers as you please doesn't hurt in the slightest.

So one thing I tried was, beholder and imprisoned. Pulled Beholder, rolled, double energy, rolled again, single energy. Next turn, crushed!

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    That's the trick though, my team isn't worried about Hulk proccing. Unless it's Jade Giant, the team is built around the idea of absorbing hulk and not caring if your opponent brings him to the table. Accordingly, bringing as many triggers as you please doesn't hurt in the slightest.
    Truth. And rather elegant, I'll be the first to admit. But it has the potential to make Hulk breath weapon 1 on demand (instead of 3 and minus damage to the player) and your D becomes the target for any other removal options (poly) the GG team may have, and then the door is open again. It is probably worth mentioning that there're multiple options to deal with any threat in the game, but it's up to the pilot to identify, select during design, and then use appropriately in-game.

I made my team with the thought of dealing with a Hulk and other soft spot removal options. Its this guy right here . I attack, target Hulk to block then I use my global of distraction on him to pool him out before procc'ing Hulks Effect. If not Distract you can use

Use Nova the Human Rocket^^ fun against a Hulk GG Player to kill him off or use Crush Card Virus BAC from YGO.

Well yeah, Human Rocket activates Hulk. Besides, the only way for Human rocket to work is to be in the attack step. GG could be in the main step and he could be Magic Missile'd/Slifered Global and wipe out Nova. Crush Card Virus is too much of a process. You need to worry about getting the die and possibly rolling it. Even then its not fully effective. Hulk could be at level 3 and you at 1. Better just to have Psylocke, Deadpool or Grundy.

Vast, i would say: "Give it a try". Because all what you writing can be happening and vice versa for mine too.

So essentially what you're saying.....is pointless? You hurt the opponent but you're clearing your own field at the same time. Then hulk hits you for 12,14,16 damage. Mmkay....?

Yeah, Human Rocket continuously triggers Hulk regardless.

Jade Giant is a great counter to Hulk because he'll trigger every time that opposing Hulk triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by KingMatticus View Post
    Nick Furry
    LOL!

Anyway...

As @Dave mentions Jade Giant is possibly the best counter to Green Goliath.

Or, as others have said, targeted non-damage removal.

And Nova, or your own Green Goliath, is just messy.