Thread: Maria Hill, Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Rare)

Maria Hill, Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Rare)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150712_114649.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	1893I want to talk about this card today. With this in the field, you can add an infinite amount of your fielded shield characters to your roll. This lets you take all those 2 cost shield character like Angel, Zombie, or Constantine and add them to your roll to quickly get the energy needed for a big purchase. Or if you have a character with a great "when fielded" ability, you can pluck them from the field, add them to your roll, and try to get that ability to trigger again.
    I think my favorite combo that's been discussed with Maria Hill though is the Joker. The one where you name a character when he's fielded, and your opponent can't field that character. Then when your opponent switches gears, and goes for their secondary win condition, you reroll your Joker, refield him, and name a new character you want to block.
    Thoughts? Comments?

Doctor Doom Nemisis global. I reroll my shield characters to generate clutch removal.

Emma Frost op could be interesting with this. Assuming your subsequent roll gives you a fair amount of shield energy, you could take out a few of your opponents beefy characters pretty easily.

Constantine: Trinity War
    Once per turn, when fielded, gain 1 life.

Use Maria Hills ability to keep fielding a Constantine to gain life. He's available as a blocker on your opponent's turn. If he's not KO'd then you can still choose to include him in your Roll & Reroll step.

Edit:
    Mystical Elf might be better for this since she is not limited to once per turn and she has better defense. She also has a lower fielding cost.

Now, I'm not saying that it's going to be completely meta or even entirely practical, but this could help Heroic work by using Maria Hill to refield Angel every turn to proc someone else's heroic ability, or to refield Captain America every turn and reap his benefit. I think it would work best when paired with Wolverine or Cyclops for their heavy offensive natures.

Think of it this way, Captain America + Wolverine = 2 Formerly Weapon X's that can't be single blocked. All it needed was a way to consistently get Heroic to proc and Maria Hill provides that.

Okay, this got me thinking about Heroic with how to build a team around Cap and Wolvy as a terrible twosome and I believe it can work if you're dedicated to the cause. The following team also has an alternate win condition with Human Torch, but it still fulfills the gimmick.

:julop4medium: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150712_114649.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	1893

Necro, I've already got a Hill Heroic team in the works using Captain America, Angel, and Wolverine. I love what you're putting together.

This was the first thing that came to my mind:

Quote Originally Posted by pishposh View Post
    Constantine: Trinity War
    Once per turn, when fielded, gain 1 life.

But also...

I so want my cards to arrive so I can start properly thinking through team ideas!!!