Thread: Interaction between Red Tornado - Lab Creation and Swarm

Interaction between Red Tornado - Lab Creation and Swarm

Curious what the consensus would be for the following situation:
    While the UC Red Tornado and a Swarm character are active you draw 3 or more SKs. Then you put the SKs in used and draw 4 more dice. Suppose one of the next 4 has swarm, are you able to activate the swarm ability?

My apologies if this has been addressed before...

I would say yes, because this is all a part of your clear and draw step. I think this is a fun idea and I've thought about messing with it too, but it might be too much energy geared towards ramping and not enough towards winning. But I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I would say yes, because this is all a part of your clear and draw step. I think this is a fun idea and I've thought about messing with it too, but it might be too much energy geared towards ramping and not enough towards winning. But I like it.
    Cool! Thanks for the quick reply!

I agree that it sounds fun, even if it may be tough to pull off consistently. I do like the fact that it is a ramp option that is not available to your opponent though.

I've tried this, and yes, I played it that the RT-drawn dice do count for Swarm, and that any Swarm-drawn dice do count for RT too.

It's great fun. You can ramp to some ridiculously big purchases very quickly.

I've not yet found a really good win-con to go with it, just yet, but I have some ideas I want to try at some point.

I didn't think of it from the perspective of swarm-added dice counting towards the 3 SK condition to trigger RT. Very interesting...