Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: What cards are trigger cards?

  1. #1

    What cards are trigger cards?

    So I know I am posting so many questions I do apologizes but I had a question about trigger cards meaning if you have one dice out you can still call a different character with that die for ex Shazam Stregth of Hercules if opponent has 3 dice in the field can my opponent spin his level up three times or Deadman if opponent has two of his dice out can he say that 2 of my opponents can't block or attack? Hopefully this helps explains it!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckSpeck81 View Post
    So I know I am posting so many questions I do apologizes but I had a question about trigger cards meaning if you have one dice out you can still call a different character with that die for ex Shazam Stregth of Hercules if opponent has 3 dice in the field can my opponent spin his level up three times or Deadman if opponent has two of his dice out can he say that 2 of my opponents can't block or attack? Hopefully this helps explains it!
    I'm not sure I 100% understand what your question is...but I'll take a crack at it...

    For Deadman specifically...most cards that have an ability like that also include the text "cancelling all previous choices", see examples below. I'm not sure if Deadman has been specifically ruled upon, but I have been playing him as if his card does say "cancelling all previous choices". If you were to play his card exactly as it is written, you could do exactly as you say...have multiple characters on your opponents side unable to attack and block as you field different Deadman die, and all you would need to do is make sure at least one of your Deadman stay alive.


  3. #3
    When you field Deadman you chose ONE DIE IN YOUR OPPONENT'S FIELD to prevent from attacking or blocking. When THAT DEADMAN leaves play, THAT DIE chosen is unrestricted. It is a targeted effect, binding two dice to each other, and is completely different from the effects generated by the Joker or Loki.

    The specific resoning for this interpretation is that Deadman says choiise a character, not Name/choose a character CARD(or Energy type with your Mind Flayer example).

    As for Shazam, his ability should probably read "whenever Shazam damage your opponnent or KOs ANY character, spin..." This means if he knocks out several targets at the same time you still only get one spin, because it says "Whenever" as in, "for each instance of", and combat damage is always one instance (unless you make him an Avenger and have patch on the field).

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    When you field Deadman you chose ONE DIE IN YOUR OPPONENT'S FIELD to prevent from attacking or blocking. When THAT DEADMAN leaves play, THAT DIE chosen is unrestricted. It is a targeted effect, binding two dice to each other, and is completely different from the effects generated by the Joker or Loki.
    Really? So if I have 3 Deadman die in the field, I have to remember which of my opponents character die I named associated to each of my different Deadman die? I do see the difference now...Joker and Loki both say "Character Card", but I was just chalking that difference up to poor wording on the Deadman card.

    If this is the case, I've definitely been playing it incorrectly, just seems like a tricky thing to manage.

  5. #5
    I agree that it is tricky, but as written, that is how he is played. He definitely doesn't affect character cards, so he MUST target a die. One could argue that you could make a group of "Deadmaned" dice, and each Deadman fielded adds a die to that pool. Until ALL Deadmen are killed ALL of those dice are "possessed", but that ruling is more powerful than the pairing one. My suggestion is to help remember, attach the "Deadmaned" die to the Deadman responsible. Then when he dies you can have your die back. Having the die not in your field shouldn't affect the game much as it is still active, and his benefits are still granted (if it's a Venom or Aquaman or such), but since he can't attack or block his presence on the field shouldn't be missed.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    I agree that it is tricky, but as written, that is how he is played. He definitely doesn't affect character cards, so he MUST target a die. One could argue that you could make a group of "Deadmaned" dice, and each Deadman fielded adds a die to that pool. Until ALL Deadmen are killed ALL of those dice are "possessed", but that ruling is more powerful than the pairing one. My suggestion is to help remember, attach the "Deadmaned" die to the Deadman responsible. Then when he dies you can have your die back. Having the die not in your field shouldn't affect the game much as it is still active, and his benefits are still granted (if it's a Venom or Aquaman or such), but since he can't attack or block his presence on the field shouldn't be missed.
    Yeah...and Deadman's card doesn't specifically say "opponents character"...it just says "character". So, I suppose if your opponent has something they are using to force attacks and/or blocks...then you could use Deadman's ability on your own character, if you want to protect him in your own field. Make Sense?

  8. #8

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Okay advanced question I have asked this question a million times but everyone keeps ignoring the fact that is says Canceling all previous choices! Doesn't that mean that whatever I have fielded is also nullified or blocked EX: If I have blue Beetle fielded and my opponent fields Loki and says I Blue beetle cannot be fielded! I was thinking that it would cancel out my blue beetle!

  11. #11
    Your definition of cancel is completely wrong. In the ability description it says "choose" a character card. That is the only "choice" that is cancelled. Last time you fielded Joker, you "chose" Beetle, this time you field Joker and "choose" Batman. The "choice" of Blue Beetle is no longer active, and thus "cancelled". You can't "cancel" dice. Cancel doesn't mean "KO", it doesn't mean "send to used" it doesn't mean "send to prep". "Cancel all previous choices" simply means "un-choose all previous choices".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •