Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: AoU Rules Forum Update

  1. #1

  2. #2
    Wow. Three actual, legitimate questions with well-written, intelligent answers. Way to go, Wizkids!

    *this is NOT sarcasm, I'm honestly impressed*

  3. #3
    Maria Hill common, to quote the rules page:



    "Basically, it triggers when:

    (1) both are unblocked or
    (2) both are send to used at the same time (like with Wind-Rider)

    Times when both dice might go to the Used Pile but it doesn't trigger:

    (1) 2 dice are bought at the same time
    (2) 2 dice are spent as energy
    (3) 2 dice are on character faces in the Reserve Pool

    Maria Hill needs to be a character for this ability to work, not just a character die"

  4. #4
    The one Hill scenario not addressed is her and a character both unfielded, moving to used pile at end of the main step.

    Or maybe that falls under #2? Don't know.

  5. #5
    Nice...Thanos suspicions made official. I like it.

    The Maria Hill one also needed some clarification too. Their logic makes total sense there.

    Now we just need official clarification on the Rare SHIELD agent card please.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by IsaacBV View Post
    Maria Hill common, to quote the rules page:



    "Basically, it triggers when:

    (1) both are unblocked or
    (2) both are send to used at the same time (like with Wind-Rider)

    Times when both dice might go to the Used Pile but it doesn't trigger:

    (1) 2 dice are bought at the same time
    (2) 2 dice are spent as energy
    (3) 2 dice are on character faces in the Reserve Pool

    Maria Hill needs to be a character for this ability to work, not just a character die"
    You know, I suspect whoever writes for the Rules Forum may visit here occasionally...

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    The one Hill scenario not a dressed is her and a character both unfielded, moving to used pile at end of the main step.
    I'd say it's the same as Storm Wind-Rider. Two characters (characters are characters in the Reserve Pool, not just character dice) both going to Used at the same time.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    The one Hill scenario not addressed is her and a character both unfielded, moving to used pile at end of the main step.

    Or maybe that falls under #2? Don't know.
    I'd suggest it is #3 in the "Doesn't trigger" section.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    I'd say it's the same as Storm Wind-Rider. Two characters (characters are characters in the Reserve Pool, not just character dice) both going to Used at the same time.
    You quoted my pre-edited statement. I think you're right... but are they considered characters if not in the field?

  10. #10
    Rulebook:

    Rolled dice in the field or in your Reserve Pool are considered to be
    whatever their face is.
    If you have a Sidekick Die in the Reserve Pool
    showing energy, then it’s an energy die. If you have a Sidekick showing
    the character face in your field, then it’s a character die.
    Dice in your Used Pile, Prep Area, and bag are not considered rolled
    dice.
    Their dice type is either character or action, based on what faces
    they have. Dice always know what team they’re on, if they’re Avengers,
    or Villains etc.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    You quoted my pre-edited statement. I think you're right... but are they considered characters if not in the field?
    That was my thought - they are on character faces, but don't become characters until fielded.

    Edit: Apparently, I shouldn't think so much

  12. #12
    2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion
    360

    Location
    Akron, OH
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatman View Post
    I'd suggest it is #3 in the "Doesn't trigger" section.
    This was my interpretation as well... @Randy , can you clarify why you don't think it fits here?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    This was my interpretation as well... @Randy , can you clarify why you don't think it fits here?
    I'm blind. That's all.

  14. #14
    I figured Maria Hill and Thanos would be ruled this way. It's getting better, but the ability wording could still use some work. It's nice to have an official clarification even if I don't agree with it.

  15. #15
    Grr...that makes no sense and directly contradicts the Rulebook. I'm glad they ruled it, so we don't have disagreement, but...

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Grr...that makes no sense and directly contradicts the Rulebook. I'm glad they ruled it, so we don't have disagreement, but...
    My guess is that they just missed the word ACTIVE from the last line of the ruling.

    "Maria Hill needs to be an ACTIVE character for this ability to work, not just a character die"

    That would make a lot more sense, because it would line up with other "While Active" abilities, and while she may be a character in your reserve pool, she is not an Active Character.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatman View Post
    My guess is that they just missed the word ACTIVE from the last line of the ruling.

    "Maria Hill needs to be an ACTIVE character for this ability to work, not just a character die"

    That would make a lot more sense, because it would line up with other "While Active" abilities, and while she may be a character in your reserve pool, she is not an Active Character.
    If that is what they meant, then I would totally agree. Thanks for mentioning that, it does make sense that way.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Three actual, legitimate questions with well-written, intelligent answers.
    Three?

  19. #19
    Yes, they are posting more since his post. Last I looked it was 5, but could be more by now.

  20. #20
    I meant I can only see two that I consider anything other than obvious.

  21. #21
    I am a little bit dissappointed by the question they bringing up. I know they get thousands of questions in a week or so(maybe even more), but why sometimes i have the feeling, they dont won't to make a mistake or correct something, or hire some good admins for it to bring it more up to date?

    What i learned from all there answers is, that they hopefully make ground rules in the next or over next rulebook, that are staying until we have Dice Masters Version 2.0 .

    Because everything cost 1 at least for purchasing, if not written "for free/ 0 energy.

    Also purchasing X Characters/(Basic)Action - Die are X actions. (so even when bought at the same time, it is still one after another).

    continue....


    But at least the Zombie-Question was an interesting one!

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Three?
    The first three:

    Maria Hill common - obviously we needed an answer to this.

    Thanos SR - needed to know if it was While Active or not

    Zombies = Undead - it wasn't strictly necessary, I think all of us knew how it would be ruled, but it was nice to see their answer.

  23. #23
    So I assume Thanos does not even need to be purchased for this effect?

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by geneaber View Post
    So I assume Thanos does not even need to be purchased for this effect?
    For the SR, that is correct. His ability (to collect Infinity Counters) is always active, whether he has been purchased or not.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    The first three:

    Maria Hill common - obviously we needed an answer to this.

    Thanos SR - needed to know if it was While Active or not
    Yep those were the two I felt were non-obvious.

    And am glad to have answers on them.

    Just that SHIELD Agent question remains.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •