Thread: New player looking to possibly expand

New player looking to possibly expand

I'm not sure if this should go here or in the strategy section.

I just started playing a couple weeks ago and am really enjoying the game. Being a huge DC comic book guy, I've decided to stick to DC sets. I still want to be somewhat competitive though, so I'm gonna pick up the starters from the non-DC sets to get my hands on the basic actions. So far, I've gotten my hands on the 2 Marvel starters. I know the D&D starter has some good actions. Are the Yugioh ones worth it to try to get as well?

I'm looking forward to WoL. I know having more DC sets will greatly improve my chances of being competitive with just one IP. However, I was wondering if there were any non-DC characters that I should pick up that are "must haves". I am definitely interested in any characters that would add synergy with the current DC line-up.

Yu Gi Oh Starter is possibly the worst starter to purchase. I would skim the starter cards and see if any are worth your while, but honestly, the good Yu Gi Oh BACs are duplicated in other sets.

As for cards that do well mixing, a gravity feed of Yu Gi Oh is about the same price as the rare Blue Eyes White Dragon, and right now he brings such good utility that it is hard to not have him.

YuGiOh has a few more cards that can be good.
    Jinzo: Trap Destroyer
    Doomcaliber Knight: Fiendish Fighter
    Lord of D.: Dragon Protector
    Goblin Attack Force: Goblin Squad
    Obelisk the Tormentor: Fist of Fate

D&D Battle for Faerun also has some good abilities on some cards. Dragon breath weapon can be pretty powerful. There are a few options for capturing dice. The Human Paladin, Minotaur, and Umber Hulk are a few of my favorites from this set.

If you are only after Action cards, buy the singles online. The YGO starter does have a few other gems, primarily the Red Eyes Black Dragon - Plated Body that reduces bolt character purchases by 2.

Yeah I think Yugioh has a lot of fun stuff in it but the starter for me was to get the red eyes black dragon and that was about it

Also from YGO I would recommend getting:

Doomcaliber knight rare
    Ring of Magnestism Action attraction
    Millenium Puzzle
    Slifer rare