Thread: Bishop - Any Thoughts?

Bishop - Any Thoughts?

Bishop was always one of my favourite X-Men characters when I used to collect comics back in the day. I think it is becuase his first appearance happened just before I started collecting, and he was just such a big badass dude, with a wild time displaced origin...

I have never found any good use for him in the game of Dice Masters though. While his cards are all very thematic, they all just seem too expensive and the abilities are nothing too exciting.

Anyone have any good ideas for him? Anyone have a strategy that has worked well that involves using Bishop?

Omega Squad and Branded a Mutant are useful if your local Meta is bolt heavy. XSE combined with Magic Missile could give you a form of removal.

Wouldn't Magic missile be better removal than XSE? Also, in general, his die isn't that useful unless you bring Ant-man and his abilities are poor quality in general, and then are highly specialized. I feel your pain, I totally want Bishop to be good too. Dat M'kran Crystal team you could make!

He's just useless, in my eyes. If its spot removal you might as well take something else. Couple of my favorites arent as good but oh well.

Yeah...You guys pretty much confirmed what i have been thinking. C/UC Bishop are just too expensive for an ability that just provides hate against a specific enemy type...and XSE is very situational at best.

I was toying around with a few ideas with XSE...if you pair him up with something that can give a defensive boost and something else that can force attacks, then he could be decent removal, since his removal is essentially free once he is in the feild. With this strategy, you may be able to KO multiple of you opponents characters in his turn, leaving things open for you on your subsequent turn. I've never actually tried this myself. It may be too expensive to really be effective...not sure. (The last 2 catds there are common Pepper Pots and Super Rare Groot)

All I know is that XSE is one of my favourite thematic cards and I really want a way to use him efficiently.

Alright. Just prepare to cry in a corner. He's not very good in any hindsight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Wouldn't Magic missile be better removal than XSE? Also, in general, his die isn't that useful unless you bring Ant-man and his abilities are poor quality in general, and then are highly specialized. I feel your pain, I totally want Bishop to be good too. Dat M'kran Crystal team you could make!
    I know, it was just the best I could think of. Maybe helpful in redirecting some damage if the local meta is heavy on breath weapons, hulk - gg, cyclops - if looks could kill?

Thanks Ya'll...I do appreciate your input.

I am cooking something up here...I am not too confident I'll be able to make it work, but I'm going to try. I'll keep you posted.