Thread: Article: Attack Zone Podcast 6: Draft-Impacting Commons & Uncommons

Article: Attack Zone Podcast 6: Draft-Impacting Commons & Uncommons

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the shout out. Jacosta ramp is weak. Her stats compared to Captain Marvel are also weak. Same cost, TFC 4 vs 5, but attack and defense both favor Captain Marvel. That said, if you have no other options... Ramp is ramp, and not having any is problematic. Ramping to 5 cost so you can ramp some more may not be the best strategy, but if you can purchase early, I like the option to do so.

And Captain Marvel is a beat stick at 5 cost. With an ability. And the uncommon makes other characters cap out on level very quickly (potentially making them a beat stick as well). Best of luck to all those drafting the rest of this week (as long as it's not against me).

I agree that CM is better ramp - but given the choice between Jocasta and nothing, I'll take Jocasta.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    If it were just the trigger, I'd agree, but I can't see myself paying 5 for her stats. I'm relatively certain that energy is better spent on something else. Mind you, this opinion has been formed without playtesting anything, so I could be totally wrong. It could be that magic missile becomes a staple BAC because of this ability. Ramp and removal in one. I just don't see it yet.