Thread: Justice League Team - looking for recommendations

Justice League Team - looking for recommendations

I made a Justice League team here:
    http://dicemastersdb.com/team-builde...7059-1;7020-3;

Cyborg is my main hitter, with Batman and Superman as backups. Wonder Woman combos with the Lantern Power Ring to help dictate battles. The team does ok, but I've been having trouble with my buddy's Falcon-Sidekick team. Looking for advice on how to improve the deck overall, but specifically vs Falcon.

Also, in general, how do people decide how many dice to use for each card in their team? Do you go by cost? It's kind of what I did, but not sure if this is a good rule in general to follow.

Background: I just started playing last month. I currently have the Justice League set. I do not plan on collecting non-DC sets, but I would be open to picking up individual non-DC cards if they will help improve my DC-based teams, so feel free to suggest any cards that could be useful.

Thank you

Usually you will only buy one (if any) dice that are 5+ in cost. The lower the cost, the more likely you are to purchase multiple. You do want to make sure that multiple will help you (either by providing a helpful type of energy, or by having a useful ability) rather than just dilute your bag from what you want to draw.

There are several cards that either KO Sidekicks, or give all characters -1D. Anything like that should help with Sidekick-based teams, to get rid of them before they become unblockable by Falcon. Alternatively any targeted removal to get rid of Falcon, but that isn't as helpful since he has a 50% chance of coming back as a character on the next re-roll. If you can KO the Sidekicks, it's much less likely for them to come back as character faces.

I think you best bet with only DC would be to add a few more control cards onto your team. It will help keep Falcon off the board and kind of mess with his win condition. A few cards that come to mind are uncommon Joker, he would be able to shutdown at least 1 character. Another option is obviously SR Constantine which would give you at least one more turn to get your win condition set up.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    There are several cards that either KO Sidekicks, or give all characters -1D. Anything like that should help with Sidekick-based teams, to get rid of them before they become unblockable by Falcon. Alternatively any targeted removal to get rid of Falcon, but that isn't as helpful since he has a 50% chance of coming back as a character on the next re-roll. If you can KO the Sidekicks, it's much less likely for them to come back as character faces.
    Thanks for the reply! After doing a quick search, I think I really like Venom (Angelo Fortunato) as my anti-Sidekick card. I really like that he'll affect Falcon and all of the Sidekick pumpers as well (Angel, Captain America, Professor X, Stargirl). I'll just have to see if I can buy and field him quickly enough to stop the onslaught.

I also looked at Doctor Doom (Reed Richards' Rival) and Casualties (BAC) but I think I like Venom better. I'm also going to add Constantine (Hellblazer) to protect my team against another character that's popular in my group of friends: Psylocke (Kwannon the Assassin). To make room, I decided to drop Superman (Last Son of Krypton). Here's my new target list:

http://dicemastersdb.com/team-builde...1259-2;7137-2;

What do you think? How does my dice distribution look? Until I get my hands on Venom, I'll drop Anger Issues and give Casualties a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zubu View Post
    I think you best bet with only DC would be to add a few more control cards onto your team. It will help keep Falcon off the board and kind of mess with his win condition. A few cards that come to mind are uncommon Joker, he would be able to shutdown at least 1 character. Another option is obviously SR Constantine which would give you at least one more turn to get your win condition set up.
    I'm not opposed to going non-DC, but to be honest, it would be more ideal if I could stay DC. I'll take a look at my cards again to see what I can come up with. The Joker is my favorite villain, so I will definitely give him a shot!

I would also remove villainous pack and go with Resurrection. You have no villains and your opponent can buy it screwing you over. Why not go with this Wonder Woman
    I would also suggest this guy for DC to help you ramp.

For me personally, this Superman fits better in my eyes . Helps if they run distraction.

I thought this up. Might help with those pesky side kicks.

If you do happen to have these, think about using them.

I totally dig casualties if you are facing a flying sidekicks team. Buy two on turn one or two if you see your opponent going sidekicks. If he/she changes the game plan, use them for ramp.

Anger issues could be used against you, especially if you are facing flying sidekicks. If I get two/three sidekicks out turn one, then buy falcon turn two, I have a solid chance of getting one falcon and three fist energy. I would just attack and pump a sidekick Instead of taking 2/3 damage, you would be taking 5/6 Repeat that effect a couple of times, and there are problems. Granted, the situation is very ideal, but is a good example of what could happen.

As to solutions, perhaps force beam BAC would assist? You only have one character on one side that has one defense. In addition to that, even if she was knocked out, her when fielded effect would come back into play next turn, effectively helping to get your higher cost characters even quicker.

One JL member I think you'll really find you love to drop on the table and end games with:

6 purchase cost can be pretty steep though; I'd probably recommend upping your ramp with PXG.

He's running Zatana for ramp and Aquaman for deductible cost of 1 with Casualties. He doesn't need PXG.

I suppose it's moreso a nice-to-have. Zatana loves PXG: she rolls into masks all day long, and she can do that nifty trick where your first purchase on a turn goes straight into prep. That trick doesn't work very often when you're not PXGing consistently, keeping your bag empty. But I'm also in a Distraction-heavy meta.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I got to play the team last night (not against a sidekick team) and discovered a couple of things.

1. Jinzo sucks!
    2. Firestorm (Matter Master) is awesome!

At another player's request, I decided to swap in Firestorm and ran the following:

http://dicemastersdb.com/team-builde...7118-2;7092-2;

Forcing characters to block Firestorm and sometimes increasing the amount of damage he took with Anger Issues usually resulted in a 2-for-1 exchange. Next time, I will most likely decrease Aquaman to 3 dice and increase Firestorm to 3. I still need to find a spot for Constantine by cutting either Cyborg or Batman, but I really like the shape of the lineup.

I'm not too worried about my opponent buying Villainous Pact to use against me. I can always use the Power Ring to temporarily turn my team into villains if need be. I was thinking about using Red Tornado (Lab Creation), but I'm not sure I completely understand how he works.

In most of the games I played, my opponent had Professor X, so I was able to abuse his global in conjunction with Zatanna. It was pretty nice. I suppose I could run him myself, but I don't know what I would cut for him. Also, I'm not sure my build needs him. In the games where my opponent didn't run him, the games tended to be longer, but between Pact and Zatanna, I felt like I had enough additional dice going into my Prep area each turn.

My only issue now is that I don't think I can make room for Casualties. Anger Issues and Villainous Pact have proven their worth. It means that I have to make room in my lineup for my anti-sidekick plan. The two "weakest" spots at the moment seem to be Cyborg and Batman. I'm still debating trying to pick up a Venom. I definitely want to give Firestorm a shot against my friend's team.

Power ring can't target your guys to make them villains.

I thought you meant he was terrible. In this instance you mean he's terrifying. I have Jinzo on my and he can pit a damper on the opponent.

You also forget its for action dice too