Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Age of Ultron singles up for preorder at CSI

Age of Ultron singles up for preorder at CSI

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/page/200...page=25&page=1

Everything except the chase cards are up for preorder. Super Rares are $39.99. Rares are $9.99. Commons and uncommons $0.99 and less. Might be your only chance to grab some of these Super Rares at $40 before they increase in price.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Knight View Post
    Man I wish they were $29.99 like JUL.
    They learned their lesson on Constantine

Suppose you were to find $40 lying on the ground with a note tied to it that said
    "Go buy the best SR in AoU"

What would you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by runatyr View Post
    Suppose you were to find $40 lying on the ground with a note tied to it that said
    "Go buy the best SR in AoU"

What would you choose?
    I like Jocosta and Magneto. As of me typing this, Jocosta is sold out, and Elektro is up to $49.99.

I waffled too long on getting Jocasta, dang it! Just saw she was out of stock, bet she's $49.99 by the end of the day.
    Also Full Art Zombies are now $149.99! I am buying a sealed case today for sure from my FLGS.

Jocasta is back in stock $44.99. 2 available. Magneto is now sold out.

With 8 Super Rares now, I wouldn't be surprised to see prices of the good ones to level off around $60-80.

I'm picturing 4 or 5 people opening feed after feed at Cool Stuff today and updating the inventory as they go.
    Last edited by DigitalFirefly; 07-15-2015 at 09:51 AM. Reason: added comment

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post

I'm picturing 4 or 5 people opening feed after feed at Cool Stuff today and updating the inventory as they go.
    Now this sounds like a fun job!

Quote Originally Posted by Green Knight View Post
    Now this sounds like a fun job!
    Seriously. Imagine the piles of wrappers.

$140 $$ for a single!!
    Even my "Highlander The Collectible Card game "singles did not reach such a market frenzy
    ;p

This is why having 8 super rares snd 4 chases in a set is a very bad idea. I'd really like to see this game's singles market not end up in the same boat as Yugioh's.

I'm curious how many people at the company that makes dice masters have a say in that sort of decision is it two or three?
    what sort of research do they do to determine what the market will hold

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    This is why having 8 super rares snd 4 chases in a set is a very bad idea. I'd really like to see this game's singles market not end up in the same boat as Yugioh's.
    I'm not familiar with the Yugioh singles market. At least the Dice Masters chase are the exact same as the Super Rare for game play purposes. I personally don't like the full arts (except Tsarina), I find the text difficult to read. If I get a full art I'll probably sell it and get the regular version if I want it.

I agree with @DigitalFirefly except for full art Zombie Electro... he is my all time favorite Spidey villain, so I wouldn't mind having his full art.

I'm not familiar with the Yugioh singles market. At least the Dice Masters chase are the exact same as the Super Rare for game play purposes. I personally don't like the full arts (except Tsarina), I find the text difficult to read. If I get a full art I'll probably sell it and get the regular version if I want it.
    Same here. I like what they are doing actually. Having the really exclusive cards just being full art or alt art versions of the regular cards...this hits home for both the players and the collectors. Players can get what they want at not huge price tags and still have some of the collectable gaming expirience...while collectors can go all out with getting every version of every card, but spending more money won't really give a big gameplay advantage.

Makes sense to me...

I think everyone skipped over my point. With 8 super rares per set and no drop increase, the chances of buying a box and getting something you want has decreased significantly.

I think everyone skipped over my point. With 8 super rares per set and no drop increase, the chances of buying a box and getting something you want has decreased significantly.
    Have we got confirmation that there is no drop increase? From what I've seen so far...I've seen a few folks that have gotten 2 SRs in a feed from AOU. I've never gotten 2 in a feed before myself, and once I didn't get a SR at all.

Strangely, I've always gotten an SR in every feed as far back as AVX. I would say since UXM about half my feeds have had 2 SRs. Haven't got any AOU product yet but when I do I'm getting 2 boxes and expecting 3 SRs with my luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatman View Post
    Same here. I like what they are doing actually. Having the really exclusive cards just being full art or alt art versions of the regular cards...this hits home for both the players and the collectors. Players can get what they want at not huge price tags and still have some of the collectable gaming expirience...while collectors can go all out with getting every version of every card, but spending more money won't really give a big gameplay advantage.

Makes sense to me...
    So far I've been able to collect every card in the previous sets. In fact I finally tracked down an AvX Set Up Box for close to MSRP. That Alt Art Storm was the only card I was missing.

Now that there are 8 super rare cards in a set, as well as chase variants, I think I'll have to stop trying to get everything. I'll still try to complete the CUR collection, but will cherry pick the super rare cards. If I manage to pull a chase card it will just be luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatman View Post
    Have we got confirmation that there is no drop increase? From what I've seen so far...I've seen a few folks that have gotten 2 SRs in a feed from AOU. I've never gotten 2 in a feed before myself, and once I didn't get a SR at all.
    I think we need more feed data before we can say for sure it hasn't increased. We have one person already reporting they got 4 SRs in one case.

I think we need more feed data before we can say for sure it hasn't increased. We have one person already reporting they got 4 SRs in one case.
    Agreed. I just checked the old Google Sheet that @Scorpion0x17 maintained for us when we were all opening Justice League feeds. The average there was 1.4 SRs per feed. Feels a little like it is more than that for AOU...but definitely still too early to tell

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/page/200...page=25&page=1

Everything except the chase cards are up for preorder. Super Rares are $39.99. Rares are $9.99. Commons and uncommons $0.99 and less. Might be your only chance to grab some of these Super Rares at $40 before they increase in price.
    I think I somehow missed the fact that there are Chases in this set. I think my mind thought "SR" and it never hit me until I saw them side by side here. I don't know how I missed it. What is the drop ratio on those buggers?

Quote Originally Posted by Critenstein View Post
    I think I somehow missed the fact that there are Chases in this set. I think my mind thought "SR" and it never hit me until I saw them side by side here. I don't know how I missed it. What is the drop ratio on those buggers?
    If we go by the uncut sheet, it's 8 possible super rares in the set (4 regular and 4 zombies) and 4 full art chase zombies. There's a 1 in 7 chance the zombie SR pulled will be the full art chase.

If we go by the uncut sheet, it's 8 possible super rares in the set (4 regular and 4 zombies) and 4 full art chase zombies. There's a 1 in 7 chance the zombie SR pulled will be the full art chase.
    So the chases are just full art versions of the other SR's? That makes me happy. I don't care for the Marvel Zombies bit, but some of those dice are hard to ignore...