Thread: Article: Archetype: Burn & Direct Damage

The "control" misconception regarding Dean's team has been bugging me for weeks, so thanks for pointing it out. It definitely has some control elements (including the BEWD / Grundy interaction, which was pretty novel at the time), but its win condition is as a burn deck.

Nice write up @Dave , I think that the Archetypes have been talked about here and even through the Podcast but I like the visulization of the cards and the explanation at why they are in the set. Also it is great to see that within the "Archetype" there are different ways to integrate other "archetype" variants. In the burn decks there, as @CBattles6 says, are elements of control!

Quote Originally Posted by CBattles6 View Post
    The "control" misconception regarding Dean's team has been bugging me for weeks, so thanks for pointing it out. It definitely has some control elements (including the BEWD / Grundy interaction, which was pretty novel at the time), but its win condition is as a burn deck.
    Agreed. And realistically, if you pack in enough mitigation, you may be able to play at many speeds - fast if they have nothing that can stop you, slower if you do. However, if you're going to be slower than your opponent, you need to make sure that you're the one with inevitability.