Thread: "Turn 4 Kill" Teams

"Turn 4 Kill" Teams

I've heard a lot about these teams recently. Anybody have an example build? According to other strategy sites (Dice Anon) these will be dominating WKO meta and I'm interested to know more. However, on their podcast, DA was pretty tight-lipped about their teams.

Anybody ever built one? Run one?

It baffles me that WizKids releases a document that says "Rainbow draft will be the preferred format!" and then runs their WKO events as full constructed.

Did they learn nothing from the fact that last year EVERYTHING was Gobby?

The draft environment is thoroughly healthy right now. The constructed environment is worse than Modern in MTG. What are they thinking?

So I know of two ways to do this and it revolves around one of two choices:Spiderman - wallcrawler or Antman/iceman combo. My deck looked like this:This is what I used. http://www.dicemastersdb.com/team-bu...1331-3;1277-3;

Hope this comes out, I am on mobile. I didn't bring professor X because I figured my opponents would. Brought gambit just in case my opponent didn't have pxg. core concept, turn one get a beast, storm or goblin and save 1 for pxg. Turn 2 get spiderman and save 2 for pxg. Turn 3,4 field spiderman and the other character you have and swing hard.

I don't know much about the T4K teams other than the Dice Anon podcasts. If you only heard their latest podcast (the one where they were being cagey on specific builds), I suggest you go back to their prior one for their a primer on them (not that you'll get full builds there either IIRC).

Quote Originally Posted by GhostRyderBlue View Post
    So I know of two ways to do this and it revolves around one of two choices:Spiderman - wallcrawler or Antman/iceman combo. My deck looked like this:This is what I used. http://www.dicemastersdb.com/team-bu...1331-3;1277-3;

Hope this comes out, I am on mobile. I didn't bring professor X because I figured my opponents would. Brought gambit just in case my opponent didn't have pxg. core concept, turn one get a beast, storm or goblin and save 1 for pxg. Turn 2 get spiderman and save 2 for pxg. Turn 3,4 field spiderman and the other character you have and swing hard.
    Ok, this makes sense.

Oh and Dave...yeah...I'm with ya.

Ken, cagey is a good word!!

First tourney I went to was hybrid. I loved it. You bring 4 characters to set your own win condition, then draft the rest of your team to flesh it out.

The problem I have with it is that most team's engines require just four. The peripheral characters are nice to have, but I can make AVX control work with for. UXM villains. She-Hulk blocker control. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TRPDave View Post
    The problem I have with it is that most team's engines require just four. The peripheral characters are nice to have, but I can make AVX control work with for. UXM villains. She-Hulk blocker control. Etc.
    I totally agree, but that's what I like about this. You can still honestly use the team you want to achieve your win condition. But you can't fill your team out with contingency plans, and "character A" just in case your opponent uses "character B". Then you really have to decide if you REALLY need things like PXG. Do you waste a spot on him, or bank on the fact that the common might come up in the draft?

But in most cases the peripherals don't matter because I can still Flying Sidekick you in the face with four - Angel, Falcon, Goblin, and PX. I can still control you with four - Johnny Storm, Wind Rider, Beast, and Mr. F. I can still Gobby you with four, or machine gun you with four, or whatever else.

If the peripheral cards mattered as counters to an opponent's strategy in any of those cases I'd agree with you, but in general these decks operate on their own and don't care about the opponent's board.