Thread: Ultron Drone 0001100101010 (whatever) and Overcrush

Ultron Drone 0001100101010 (whatever) and Overcrush

So silly question but one I need answered,

Say you put Hulk Out on a Ultron Drop who captures it's blockers, since they are not in the field anymore does the damage go threw?

Would like to know the answer

Yes, this is no different than if you used an ability to KO blockers before damage is dealt. If blockers are removed before damage, blocker's total defense is 0. However, you character is still considered blocked.

Thanks @Shadowmeld , Just having some fun thinking about how to make the SR Thanos Work

Who needs thanos, that guy can kill your opponent by himself.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Blocked dice which are not knocked out return to the field... Yes, that is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapedaveb View Post
    @Shadowmeld , Do they go to Used After?
    When a blocked character has at least 1 Defense they go back to the field. Otherwise they would go to the KO -> PREP AREA.

They only would go to the Used Pile if they wheren't blocked. Ofcourse there are some Cards with an exception, that they can deal there Damage to the opponent directly instead of the blocking character an then go to the used pile. Like
    Cyclops - Scott Summers : "If Cyclops is blocked, you may have him deal damage to your opponent instead of his blocker(s). If you do so, he goes to your used pile during cleanup."

EDIT: Damn too late^^

Yeah seems like the Zemo/Drone/Hulk Out Combo might be stupid nasty.

We've played it that way in our recent drafts but now I'm inclined to believe this doesn't work that way.

Overcrush: When attacking, if this character knocks out all of its blockers, it deals any leftover damage to your opponent.

In this instance it is considered blocked but it couldn't knockout the blocker because it was captured. Unless I'm missing a ruling somewhere about capturing being the same thing as knocked out or the fact that removing the blocker from blocking causes overcrush.

Quote Originally Posted by hath View Post
    We've played it that way in our recent drafts but now I'm inclined to believe this doesn't work that way.

Overcrush: When attacking, if this character knocks out all of its blockers, it deals any leftover damage to your opponent.

Unless I'm missing a ruling somewhere about capturing being the same thing as knocked out...
    There's a ruling. If the attacker is blocked, and the blocker is somehow removed from combat, attacker is blocked, but deals Overcrush damage.