Thread: ties in storyline events

ties in storyline events

The rules for scoring storyline events are:
    1 point for attending, two points per win, one point per loss.
    Last night we had a tie, how many points should those players get for that round? The WES placed them above the players that went 1-2, and below the 2-1s. That makes sense to me, but when I'm scoring storyline points I don't know if that's a double loss, or a double win. We just finished month five of six, and we've got a close race for the end.
    Want to get this one right. I posted a previous thread at BGG.com and never got anything conclusive, just lots of debate. I also emailed wizkids and never heard back.

If they both got the first place prize, they both won. If you had to split it, you could ask which one wants the first place prize and which wants the extra point.

The wizkids event system is a bit of a tricky one sometimes. It will often try to end our tournaments after 2 rounds will multiple ties. We still use it because we have the OP events and people like the tracking option, but because it causes issues for determining actual prizing, we keep track of pairings on a separate sheet of paper so we can eliminate ties when necessary. If the store has it, it can be helpful to track pairings on both the WES system and Mantis simultaneously. In the case of a tie for first, we'll have the prize split, but whenever there are more than one, we'll force another round to get more solid pairings, provided we have enough people.

Side question about WES: can you set it up for 4 rounds, or is it capped at 3 per event?

I think my question isn't clear. I'm not talking about ties at the end of the night for first and second. I'm talking about match ties.
    Round two, one match ended in a tie. At the end of the night I'm supposed to give each player two points per win and one point per loss. How do I score the tie? Did both players lose, or did both players win. The instructions don't tell you what to do with a round tie.
    My experience with the WES is you can run as many rounds as you want, we have done 4.

Quote Originally Posted by chalos13 View Post
    I think my question isn't clear. I'm not talking about ties at the end of the night for first and second. I'm talking about match ties.
    Round two, one match ended in a tie. At the end of the night I'm supposed to give each player two points per win and one point per loss. How do I score the tie? Did both players lose, or did both players win. The instructions don't tell you what to do with a round tie.
    My experience with the WES is you can run as many rounds as you want, we have done 4.
    I'd just split it. There are 3 points available, 2 for winning, and 1 for losing. They didn't win, and they didn't lose, so (2+1)/2 = 1.5 each.

I actually hate how WES does it. 3 for a win, 2 for a tie, 1 for a loss is fundamentally the same thing but less of a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by chalos
    The rules for scoring storyline events are:
    1 point for attending, two points per win, one point per loss.
    Can you put me the link?, im interested in read about that.

I believe it is included in the OP kit. I've never seen them online.