Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do you sort your cards?

How do you sort your cards?

I've seen 2-3 methods.

Some players have a binder for each expansion and put the in numerical order.
    Some have a binder for each expansion and put all of a certain heroes card together.

One player at our store is now doing all the Mavrel, then DC etc cards in alphabetical order by hero. (So all 7 beasts under B).

I original had cards by set and then by energy type a cost.

Does anyone else have another preferred sorting method, maybe by faction?

I do the first option. In binder, by expansion, numerical.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Same here except I now keep all my Basic Action cards in a deck box.

1 Binder to Bind them all! And a second one for WOL,TMNT,.....

I have a 20 Page - 9 pocket binder for all Cards i need
    and then i Sort after Genre: Heroes/Comic, Fantasy
    an in the Sections i sort the Cards alphabetical and from Starter/Common to Super Rare

Currently I have mine in a binder, by expansion, by character. Starters in the first 2 pages, then the rest of the set. So for AOU on the first page after the starters it's all 3 version of Baron Zemo, then Beast, etc. Now keep all my basic actions in a deck box as well.

Some previous answers on the topic:
    http://www.thereservepool.com/thread...d+organization

Quote Originally Posted by pishposh View Post
    Seriously considering doing this with my basic actions.

I like it. They're currently in a small deck box, but I think I'm going to upgrade to a bigger one soon with 3 more sets coming out this year.

Maybe i will do this too with my BACs. They are like Tools you need quick at hand.

I don't keep my cards in a binder actually. I keep each set in its own contained long box (the kind that can hold 660 trading cards)with dividers in them. From left to right basic action cards in alphabetical order, a divider made from the pack inserts, cards by character alphabetical by rarity within a character, another divider, bags that contain the die for each character, another divider, OP cards related to that set. It stores well, transports easily, and keeps my dice and cards together which is super convenient.

This is what I'm using the card storage in my ZenBin for. I got one of the pre-release ones from a Facebook contest, and it's pretty much perfectly sized for my BACs.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Been doing this about a month. I just sleeved them all, and the box is now full. I'm contemplating removing the ones I'll never use (collateral damage, etc) and keeping the actions I actually want to use in a readily available box.

Keeping a team of sidekicks, action dice, and all basic actions in a Zen Bins could be the way to go...

Keeping a team of sidekicks, action dice, and all basic actions in a Zen Bins could be the way to go...
    That's probably what I'll do once the Zen Bins come in.

I think I am the only one that sorts each set by energy type first mask, shield, bolts , and lastly fists.

Quote Originally Posted by mackstation View Post
    I think I am the only one that sorts each set by energy type first mask, shield, bolts , and lastly fists.
    You might be the only one, but I can see how that could be useful. "I need a 2 cost fist, what do I have? Oh let me just look."

Quote Originally Posted by MatchesMalone View Post
    You might be the only one, but I can see how that could be useful. "I need a 2 cost fist, what do I have? Oh let me just look."
    This is why I ask, this is how I sort cards for other games (LOTR LCG, Warhammer 40K Conquest etc). I wasn't sure if anyone tried it in this game. I like to go energy type by cost but I also like having all variations of that character nearby. I'm complicated.

First by set, in a binder. Alphabetized by character, with no more than 3 in a row.

For the Starter characters, who have 4 versions, not 3, I pick the worst of the 4, and add them all together on a final page. I then add the checklist for the set in the middle.

I call this page, with the worst version of the starter set characters the "page of shame".

I find for team building, this method works best for me.

This. Apart from where I have multiple copies of the Basic Actions (from buying the Collectors Box for that set).

Card Sorting, Religion, and Politics: Everyone has their own way of doing things.

Myself, I have a binder per set, and I arrange my cards alphabetically by character/action, then by rarity. So, it might be Common, then Uncommon, then Rare (or common/common/common/common if it is a starter character).

Everyone is going to have their own system. Sort things to how your brain can process them best.

Side note: That's a good idea for the BACs. I keep mine in set with the rest of the cards, but I may have to rethink it and get a separate box.

I did the every action in a box thing for a while, but once I put sets in boxes I didn't want to carry around another box when the BACs fit with their sets just fine.

Currently by set then by character in a binder (uncanny first as that just happened to be my first purchase) then avx. Each set is separated by the basic action cards from their respective set and then I have my op cards after my avx.

May have to upgrade my folder though for aou as it's nearly full. My local store has some rather nice folders that have rows of 4 which is perfect as I don't like multiple characters on a row, so the characters where there's 4 cards (starters or alternate arts) means I'm wasting 2 spaces.

Spares have been moved to a deck box except for rares or super rares which I keep in my folder at present to keep them safer.

I currently have all my cards in black sleeves. I'm thinking about using blue for OP, red for SRs, yellow for rare, and green for uncommons. Should help sort them easier, and identify them when building my teams.

I currently have them in a binder sorted only by purchase cost because it is easier to set up the sort-of-cube-draft games with my younger brother if I can balance the cost in the draft. This makes it difficult to find a card when I need it for a team though so I think when my AOU arrives I will finally just sort by set and set number.