Thread: If you have less than 2 dice you can potentiall draw, can you use Nasty Plot?

If you have less than 2 dice you can potentiall draw, can you use Nasty Plot?

Came up while judging. Someone was using Nasty Plot after resurrect to bring one character into play. Opponent said since it doesn't say "up to 2," it just says "draw two," if you can't specifically draw two, you can't use it, citing Professor X saying "up to 2 sidekicks." I just realized it's not about drawing though.

I rules that he could still Nasty Plot for just one, just because I had to make a decision, but I would like to know for the future.

Based on prior rulings on Beast: Mutate #666, the answer would be yes (source):

In regard to Beast, Mutate #666, if you were instructed to draw 2 dice, you'd draw as many as you could (maybe only one) then follow the instructions in order: place one die in your prep area, and the other (if there is another) in your Used Pile.

Yes. You ruled correctly. When all of a mandatory effect cannot be done you do as much as you can.

If I could only draw one die, would I put my Used Pile into my bag to draw a second die?

EDIT: Used actions go out of play just like used energy, correct?

Yes, if you need to draw a die for any reason and your bag is empty, then you refill from Used if possible.

And, yes, Actions go Out Of Play when used.

Any chnace of Life burn?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Yes, if you need to draw a die for any reason and your bag is empty, then you refill from Used if possible.

And, yes, Actions go Out Of Play when used.
    So, if I have 1 die in my bag, 0 die in my Used Pile and I use the Nasty Plot action...

a) I take the 1 die from my bag and put it into my Prep Area
    b) I take 0 die from my Used Pile

I do not loose 1 life and gain 1 generic energy in order to meet the 2 dice card text?
    Is that correct?

Just want to make absolutely sure. Has WizKids issued a ruling on Nasty Plot or clarification for a card with similar text? I'd really like them to get the text clearer and more consistent.

Many thanks,
    Graham....

You would do as much as you could.

That is, you would draw the one die from your bag, put it in prep, and that would be all.

You would NOT gain generic energy, and you would NOT lose any life.