Thread: magneto team...

magneto team...

me and my dad @geneaber pulled a zombie magneto out of our AOU gravity feed. I have been trying to come up with combinations to keep him in the field. this is what i have so far. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MDM3_05SuperRare-139-Magneto_Magnetic-Monster.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	197.0 KB 
ID:	1976Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lord-of-D.-Dragon-Protector.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	830.9 KB 
ID:	1977Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ring-of-Magnetism-Action-Attraction.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	726.3 KB 
ID:	1978Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pxg.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	246.0 KB 
ID:	1979.

Well this is a core for a control team, what do you want your end condition to be?

Lord of D Ring is a classic combo, but as devil's advocate why do you need Magneto if you have D-ring?

(This is not a cur teak more getting to know what your thought process is.)

Magneto has pretty decent defense on his Level 2/3 faces, and you're already removing some threats just by having him active.

im scared about storm black canary and puzzle.

Targeted knock out is certainly a problem in this instance. The problem that I have with magnetic monster is that he's a six cost that is not a win condition. There are many powerful things that he shuts down, but he doesn't do work for you outside of that. Against teams that want to win with inexpensive, powerful characters, he is a great include. But against teams that don't care about that, he's not incredibly useful. You really have to consider how much space you want to give to make it work. He will shut down a Gobby, but will do nothing about Wolverine.

Apologies for errors and capitalization and so forth, I am using voice dictation.

This is @joshaber 's Dad. I bombed Magneto with Millennium Puzzle every time he set foot in the field in two games last night. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Targeted knock out is certainly a problem in this instance. The problem that I have with magnetic monster is that he's a six cost that is not a win condition. There are many powerful things that he shuts down, but he doesn't do work for you outside of that. On teams that want to win with inexpensive, powerful characters, he is a great include. But on teams that don't care about that, he's not incredibly useful. You really have to consider how much space you want to give to make it work. He will shut down a Gobby, but will do nothing about Wolverine the best there is.

Apologies for errors and capitalization and so forth, I am using voice dictation.
    Dave, stahp. You're 2fast2furious, saying all the stuff I want to say before I can manage a post. I was eating lunch man! :P

If you're looking to keep Magneto around, why not use the BEWD + Mystical Elf (Everlasting Support) combo?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s1074-monstrousdragon.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	135.3 KB 
ID:	2012Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s1061-everlastingsupport.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	2013

Why not Sangan uncommon? Its a 3 cost and does the same thing minus the global and life gain.

Stats and fielding cost. Running Sangan through twice could make up for the cost difference between them. Then there's the Global and the life gain.