Thread: Article: Local Event, 7-16 Rainbow Draft

Sometimes you eat the bear, Randy, and sometimes the bear eats you.

This sounds exactly the same as my Draft. Got that same combo and thought it would be awesome.....yeah it failed me although I was able to make top 8 of 18 . Alas this combo is not as strong as it seemed. Field cost of ultron was too brutal to keep up with the teams that had low cost low fielded characters.

Also had one Ultron and one drone. I only got the combo one time in three games. I also brought the unblockable Thanos and two other 5 costs, Loki and Captain Marvel. Learned a good lesson in draft economics. My daughter made big noise with Pepper Pots +2D and lots of cheap characters though.

I had the same cards you did. The common Ultron but I got two drones in my separate booster packs. There were four drones on the table and I got two so I lucked out there. I also got the vanilla Giant Man's which were great. Along with the Common Red Skull. I had a great team using Gearing up so I can cycle my dice along with getting extra energy for those nasty fielding costs. Polymorph to upgrade my Giant Man's. I did have a great team (I was an idiot not picking up a common Gamora). I do remember seeing that Gamora Global and instantly went ".........This is bad. This will bite me in the ass for sure"

I didnt have much sleep along with an empty stomach when I went to my draft and lost the first 2 games. Wasnt until I got something out the vending machine and ate where I won my last game pretty decisively.