Thread: Imprisoned

Imprisoned

Imprisoned - This die captures any number of opposing characters with a total fielding cost of 2 or less. This effect lasts until canceled or you damage your opponent (return the captured die to the field).

My question is in regard to this example: My opponent has 5 creatures in play. Let's say three of these are Sidekicks, one is a L1 Tsarina (with a zero fielding cost) and then two L3 Beasts (each has a fielding cost of one.) I roll and hit on Imprisoned action. Am I required to choose just the two Beasts or may I imprison all of his characters?

The text can be interpreted either way.

You can capture everything. Imprisoned let's you capture any number of characters whose fielding costs sum to 2. So literally any number of 0's, plus up to two 1's or one 2.

And if you really want to make your friend hate you, try doing this to him. More here.

One thing to note about the beholder activating imprisoned here. For all references of "this die in the beholders ability, he is referring to himself. The beholder is the one capturing, and once he leaves play, the imprisoned targets are released.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    One thing to note about the beholder activating imprisoned here. For all references of "this die in the beholders ability, he is referring to himself. The beholder is the one capturing, and once he leaves play, the imprisoned targets are released.
    Eh?

How do you come to that conclusion?

And which Beholder are you talking about.

I'm not sure you're on the same page, @Shadowmeld .

I guess I'm actually jumping ahead and not being very specific. When Beholder Master Aberration uses "dice abilities, without bursts, once, as if you had rolled those dice", how do you represent the Imprisoned effect on the field. Do you actually take the Imprisoned die off the card and put it in your field? Do you instead just represent the imprisoned effect with a token or some other marker? Do you put the targets under the Beholder?

If you are using the Die, can an opponent BUY the die to negate the effect? After all, you don't own the die. If all the imprisoned dice are bought, can you still use that BAC?

In the long run, I realized, that the abilities of those action dice are actually just abilities the beholder gets from attacking. Thus, any resolution of those abilities count as action dice abilities, but you use the beholder as "this die" since there really is no other "die" to be referenced.

I guess I'm actually jumping ahead and not being very specific. When Beholder Master Aberration uses "dice abilities, without bursts, once, as if you had rolled those dice", how do you represent the Imprisoned effect on the field. Do you actually take the Imprisoned die off the card and put it in your field? Do you instead just represent the imprisoned effect with a token or some other marker? Do you put the targets under the Beholder?

If you are using the Die, can an opponent BUY the die to negate the effect? After all, you don't own the die. If all the imprisoned dice are bought, can you still use that BAC?

In the long run, I realized, that the abilities of those action dice are actually just abilities the beholder gets from attacking. Thus, any resolution of those abilities count as action dice abilities, but you use the beholder as "this die" since there really is no other "die" to be referenced.
    That is a great question, unfortunately wizkids did rule that the Beholder could do this over and over. I would think if you had a Breaker, Namor, or Jinzo you could negate these phantom die just like a regular die. When my group imprisons, we usually keep the dice imprisoned together in their own separate groups.

You just find some way to mark it, with some generic token, much like you may use one to remember the generic energy you get from not being able to draw 4 dice in the clear and draw step.

Ah, I see what you are saying.

And you could well be right.

But I don't think that aspect of the question was actually addressed in the rulings.