Thread: Rainbow Draft Tradesmart, Littleton CO 7/20/215

Rainbow Draft Tradesmart, Littleton CO 7/20/215

HI Guys well I wanted to post my second Draft team, This team won at Tradesmart, Littleton CO. There was 4 of us, I think that I have learned from my mistakes. Tradesmart lets you take any basic actions. I think this helped the games out a lot. They felt faster and there were no long games that went to time. However I was the only on to have played this set before. Well since the index isnít up these picture will be large but here is the team.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hulk Out.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	2003

Name:	electro cooked meat.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	2004 I actually got the chase and I am excited about that.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ironmant tin.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	2005x 2

Name:	Jacosta Uncommon.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	2006 x 2 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Loki common.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	2007 X 2 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Moondragon.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	2008 X 2

Name:	rocket racoon.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	2009 X 2 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shield agent.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	2010 X 2 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	starhawk.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	2011 X 2

Well if you look you can see that I went for an Avengers/ Guardians of the Galaxy team. This worked out really really well. There is a lot of synergy in the new set with these two teams. However Electro was not very helpful, and I played him just because. This team worked off getting each other into the field. and attack in force. The resurrection and Jocasta helped with the ramp and the hulk out was there to get some overcrush on the inflated characters. Both of the games I played went to the wire with me winning with less that 5 life both games.

The first match my opponent brought a straight forward team with a good distribution of cost, his win condition was the rare Giant Man and he was able to bring me down quickly to 4 life by buying all the hulk outs and me actually playing electro, (if you use him have a plan I did not) He would have won but I was able to ramp up a couple of turns with Jocasta and Resurrection and put out Starhawk who is a beast, Rocket and Iron Man, once I had all of these guys out his defenses crumbled and I was able to sneak in the win.

My second match my opponent brought hulk, Ultron Drones and Ultron, he would have won but he had spent to much to bring out the hulk too early and I was able to get enough defenses up that I could slow him down. We both brought resurrection and he brought distraction. Honestly I would have lost to him if he hadn't forgot to pay attention to my left over energy and he committed to much with me having some masks in reserve. It came down to the wire and he used the rare Loki staff with some dangerous skill.

The big thing about my team was the low cost to get big guys fast. Starhawk is a beast and I lucked out and rolled him on his 3 face making him an 8/5 when you have rocket and iron man out. Rocket was a little monster doing 4 to 6 damage with starhawk, and since my opponent brought loki and Ultron Drones out my level 3 iron mans became level 8 as well. This is a fun and nasty mix and with some ramp it is very successful.

Well thanks for reading.

So have you revamped your thoughts on the AoU set for rainbow drafts? It is great to have the all BAC ramp available.
    Jocasta is also nice ramp and helped in the tourney I won.
    I love the SHIELD agents in draft, they have great synergy and fill the 2 drop need of the fielding curve.

Congrats on the win and especially the chase rare! What was the prize for 1st place?

@Green Knight Right now if you play at Tradesmart till next month everyone gets Minscin Boo and his die.

They will return to regular OP next month.

First place gets more points in the wizkids system.