Thread: DiceMastersDB PivotViewer

DiceMastersDB PivotViewer

Hi all

We (DiceMastersDB) have been experimenting with a bit of tech called a PivotViewer. It can be used to view, filter, and sort through a large collection of images. We have used our database of scans to create a collection of every card in Dice Masters.

There are a couple of bugs to fix, and improvements we would like to make. So I would love some feedback to see if people find it useful and if it is something we should continue working on.

Note 1: When you first load it, it will take a while to get all the initial images.

Note 2: We don't have any Age of Ultron scans yet. Blame WizKids not releasing in the UK yet!

Note 3: Desktop browsers only I'm afraid. This tech does not seem to play well with mobile browsers.

Here's the link: http://www.dicemastersdb.com/pivotviewer-collection/

Thanks in advance for any comments/advice/feedback you can provide.

Ryan

Love your site, I use it to build teams often

This Feature i was missing since i found your Database of Cards for creating Teams.

It is annoying to load long the List of Cards and scroll down every time and only see the Cards when i click on them in an popup window.

Now i can see where i the card is and that really fast! Thanks for this looks really good!

I got to say, I really like this view. I would like something that told you the card name as you hovered over them, but I am not sure how annoying that would get. Because I see you are missing the AoU images, (not a dig) and that there are 4 cards with no images next to the Avengers Dissassembled cards. I can not tell what they are suppose to be, so I have no idea if I have images to send you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wargfn View Post
    I got to say, I really like this view. I would like something that told you the card name as you hovered over them, but I am not sure how annoying that would get. Because I see you are missing the AoU images, (not a dig) and that there are 4 cards with no images next to the Avengers Dissassembled cards. I can not tell what they are suppose to be, so I have no idea if I have images to send you or not.
    Did you realise you could click on a card to see the details of it? (Should appear in a panel on the right if it works correctly)

When I moved to the desktop yes, on my iPhone 6+ never saw the text box. and the sorting seems a little off in brand mode. But it is a great catalog. Do you need me to send you the Age of Ultron Scans I gathered?

I'm getting this error:
    HTML5 PivotViewer

Error loading CXML Collection

URL : http://www.dicemastersdb.com/images/dicemastersdb.cxml
    Details :

Pivot Viewer cannot continue until this problem is resolved

ok I closed my browser and tried again. I love this view. Thank you

@Loran

I love your site, and I love this view!

I also see that you added the "Add a Starter Set" feature, seemingly a day after I had manually entered my AoU Starter Set Thanks though for the future!

One other point of note: Although there are 142 cards in AoU, the Chase Full-Art Zombies are, in fact, numbered 143-146 (for people seeking to add them to their collection).

Yeah, I'm also a fan of how this works. I do prefer text-based searching first, but I can see how this would be awesome for visual-folks.

Thanks for implementing it!