Thread: EZGamer, Columbus, NE. Fantasy Constructed, 7/18/15

EZGamer, Columbus, NE. Fantasy Constructed, 7/18/15

Hey all. Just found this thread for posting tournament results, and I'm hoping that by starting to write up our local events it might help grow it here some. We've had as many as 10 players in a tourney before, but this one we had only 6.

Fantasy Constructed (D&D + YuGiOh! Only)

I went 3-0 with this little beauty. I've made 4 other people hate the BEWD ME-ES combo, at least when I was using it.

MYSTIC PUZZLE
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bff060-lesserundead.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	2014 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bff032-lesserharper.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	127.9 KB 
ID:	2015 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bff127-epicbeast.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	2016 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s1019-skeletalwarrior.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	2018

Name:	s1058-theeternaldungeon.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	147.3 KB 
ID:	2019 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s1061-everlastingsupport.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	2020 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s1088-trapdestroyer.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	128.2 KB 
ID:	2021 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s1074-monstrousdragon.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	135.3 KB 
ID:	2022

Name:	bff130-charm.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	147.5 KB 
ID:	2023 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bff137-resurrection.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	135.9 KB 
ID:	2024

How to play it:
    * Zombies early if you need blockers.
    * Jinzo and/or Mystical Elf asap... depending on what your opponent is running, these can switch around. ME-ES is the key to this deck as we use her to cycle our Puzzle out of the Used pile, and any of our creatures that have been sent there. Jinzo will usually need saved a time or two.
    * Doomcaliber Knight. His use is dependent on if your opponent can mess with you with his action dice.
    * Stirge. Stirge was a game winner a couple of times, it was a slow death for my opponents but we played with no time limits and that little bit of unblockable became big later on.
    * Elf Wizard was just there as back-up for ME-ES.
    *Resurrection to help keep my guys in play as well.
    * Charm... just because I didn't want to give my opponent anything useful, really.

* I used the Puzzle to keep what hurt me most off of their field, Jinzo and Stirge to keep plucking away at their life totals, Doomcaliber to keep my cards on the table, and of course... most importantly... BEWD + ME-ES to bring anything I needed that hit the Used pile back into Prep. The fact that ME-ES heals for 2 is a huge bonus, and won my first match for me.

Note: The thought is there to get BEWD out as a character as well, if ever needed. The fact that you can use the KO ability for free then is nothing to laugh at if you fail to roll Bolts to fire off the global.

Was a fun time!
    Last edited by Tolk63; 07-24-2015 at 07:54 PM.

I like the idea of a Yugioh and D&D only set game, Like the team as well. Good stuff