Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: War of Light bumped to September

War of Light bumped to September

Looks like Wiz Kids is bumping War of Light one month.

http://wizkids.com/dicemasters/dc-co...-war-of-light/

Plus side: dice bags have art!

Minus side: Rulebook/Playmat links aren't working yet.

I honestly wouldn't even mind it being pushed back until the first week of october. Even though I really want the Teen Titans, breathing room in between sets is important. Especially since collecting the entire set just because 3x as difficult.

I really wish they added more Justice League and JSA characters before we dove into indigo lanterns. We still only have four JSA members. My GF has three Marvel sets against my one DC, so I could really use some support, lol. Avengers and X-Men are stacked by comparison.

Yeah, there is an Anti-monitor die in there.

Shocked I haven't spotted a die I could instantly tag as Saint Walker.

Not shocked that it's pushed back. I think we all saw that coming. This set looks SO COOL.

To those wanting more DC - don't worry, I'm sure we'll get the inevitable Batman Family set before long.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Not shocked that it's pushed back. I think we all saw that coming. This set looks SO COOL.

To those wanting more DC - don't worry, I'm sure we'll get the inevitable Batman Family set before long.
    Alfred for super rare, let's get it done.

I like breathing room as well, gives us some time to really dig into AoU

WoL has 8, the regular 4 and 4 black lanterns.

Quote Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
    Do we know yet whether the set will have 4 or 8 super rares?

No word on chase cards though.

Oooooohhhh black lanterns. I want those

I didn't mean to be a hater. Just to be clear, I do think this set is neat. I'm just not keen on having a bunch of half built teams ( with only 4 members ) and not being able to build a full team themed deck, If so desired. But heck yeah I'm all for GL corps and Titans etc.

I was pondering the set description a little more. I know it says that every card will be connected to a team, but technically it doesn't say they will all be lanterns or titans. Do you think they will pepper a few JL or JSA in there? Similar to how the Marvel sets still pepper in team affiliations from previous sets? I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by adam123 View Post
    That would be cool if they filled in some of the other DC sets, like JSA, I hope they do. I would like to see Robin have a team affiliation.
    I feel like a Robin, Teen Titans OP card is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by KennedyHawk View Post
    I feel like a Robin, Teen Titans OP card is inevitable.
    A Teen Titans OP set has already been announced via materials sent to distributors, so there's a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAZAM! View Post
    I didn't mean to be a hater. Just to be clear, I do think this set is neat. I'm just not keen on having a bunch of half built teams ( with only 4 members ) and not being able to build a full team themed deck, If so desired. But heck yeah I'm all for GL corps and Titans etc.

I was pondering the set description a little more. I know it says that every card will be connected to a team, but technically it doesn't say they will all be lanterns or titans. Do you think they will pepper a few JL or JSA in there? Similar to how the Marvel sets still pepper in team affiliations from previous sets? I hope so.
    I wouldn't worry about that - there are several cards that just trigger on a lantern of any color, not just a specifically affiliated lantern.

Do you think they will pepper a few JL or JSA in there? Similar to how the Marvel sets still pepper in team affiliations from previous sets? I hope so.
    Doesn't look like it. None of the cards we've seen have JL or JSA affiliations. Batman, Superman, WW, etc, all have Lantern affiliations.

Quote Originally Posted by Crestfallen View Post
    Doesn't look like it. None of the cards we've seen have JL or JSA affiliations. Batman, Superman, WW, etc, all have Lantern affiliations.
    That's true, but those characters already have multiple JL cards so I wasn't really expecting that. I was meaning I'd like to see them add more members to those teams. JSA for example has only 4 members. I'd like to see them further bolstered by Black Adam, Dr. Fate, or Atom Smasher etc.

Or even the Justice League. They have the biggest roster of members but in this game they only have like 10 versus the Avengers who have a butt-load. I was just hoping there are still cards we haven't seen yet that can expand on the first set.

And watch... I'm willing to bet that even though this is a lantern set, we still won't be able to bring a full 8 card lantern team to the table. This is what I mean. It's kinda' frustrating for some of us who like to rp and build team themed decks just for fun.

DC dice masters will have a bunch of "half teams". I understand the idea is to mix lanterns, but I want to be able to bring a full team to the table like I can in Marvel with Avengers and X-Men, wether it be JSA or GL corps or something. But instead it's like I'm getting a bunch of teasers.

That's true, but those characters already have multiple JL cards so I wasn't really expecting that. I was meaning I'd like to see them add more members to those teams.
    Almost all characters in WoL can be deduced from the box and dice images at this point. Apart from those I mentioned, I doubt any of the other characters are candidates for those two affiliations.

And watch... I'm willing to bet that even though this is a lantern set, we still won't be able to bring a full 8 card lantern team to the table. This is what I mean. It's kinda' frustrating for some of us who like to rp and build team themed decks just for fun.

DC dice masters will have a bunch of "half teams". I understand the idea is to mix lanterns, but I want to be able to bring a full team to the table like I can in Marvel with Avengers and X-Men, wether it be JSA or GL corps or something. But instead it's like I'm getting a bunch of teasers.
    If the set were larger i would be harder to collect. Simply wait for the next lantern related set. The idea of a Goblin only team in Magic took YEARS to become viable, Dice Masters has only been out for a year and change. It will happen eventually, though the slowness is exacerbated by the multiple IPs. \

Something something fine wine.