Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TRP Fantasy Football League

TRP Fantasy Football League

I love fantasy football. We're about 6 weeks away from the start of the NFL season. Is anyone interested in playing in a league if I run it? It would be on ESPN.com, standard scoring, snake draft. League size will be determined on the number of people interested. All experience levels welcome. The league would be free to enter, but I will be providing some Dice Masters prizes (prizes to be determined).

I have three expectations from people wanting to play in this league:
    1. Everyone have fun.
    2. Set your lineup every week. (leave an inactive, injured or bye week player in your lineup will disqualify you from winning prizes)
    3. To keep with the theme of the site, all team names must be Dice Masters or TRP Network related. (ie "JT's Homashers" would be an acceptable team name)

If you're interested post here with answers to these questions. We'll go with the majority on these.

1. PPR, yes or no?
    2. Waivers or FAAB (free-agent acquisition budget)?
    3. Trade vetos: league voting, commissioner veto, no vetos?
    4. How many injured reserve spots should we have (0-4)?
    5. What day of the week and times work best for an online draft for you? (draft will probably be about 1.5-2 hours)
    6. Are there any scoring/rule options you like that aren't standard you think we should include?

No, waivers, league voted vetos, 7 bench players, late Friday/Saturday, no.

And I'd beg of you to consider Yahoo because that is where ALL my other leagues are happening, including a staff TRP one probably.

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    No, waivers, league voted vetos, 7 bench players, late Friday/Saturday, no.

And I'd beg of you to consider Yahoo because that is where ALL my other leagues are happening, including a staff TRP one probably.
    All my leagues are on ESPN. I really can't stand yahoo. I've used it for one league the last few years and I'm not playing in that one anymore because of it. If ESPN is a deal breaker for that many people some one else is welcome to run it.

Ive never actually played Fantasy Football...but Id love to just jump into it. Yes...as the stereotypical Canuck, I've only really played fantasy Hockey before, and dabbled in a bit of baseball as well.

So...I'm in for football...but since I've never played before, I can't really answer your questions. I'll follow the crowd's suggestions.

I'll also throw Hockey out there...if anyone is interested in a TRP fantasy Hockey league...I could run it. Hockey is a lot of fun actually. Even if you habe never played Fantasy Hockey before or dont know the sport that well...this is a good place to start. Good times!

I'd totally be in. I love FF. as for your questions:

1) Yes.
    2) Waivers
    3) League Veto
    4) 1 injured reserve spot is plenty.
    5) Any weekday after 6 or most weekends. On ESPN I can draft on my phone so I should be good as long as I'm not in work.
    6) Personally...I prefer 6Pts for all touchdowns...but I'm ok with ESPN Standard scoring too.

FYI. Injured reserve spots are not bench spots. IR is for a player listed as "Out" or "IR". So if a player is scratched for the week you can put him on IR and grab someone off free agency.

So myself included, that's 4 people.
    RJRetro and IsaacBV said they prefer yahoo.

Anyone else interested?

I would participate.

1. PPR, yes or no? No.
    2. Waivers or FAAB (free-agent acquisition budget)? Waivers.
    3. Trade vetos: league voting, commissioner veto, no vetos? Commissioner veto.
    4. How many injured reserve spots should we have (0-4)? 2
    5. What day of the week and times work best for an online draft for you? (draft will probably be about 1.5-2 hours) Too hard to answer.
    6. Are there any scoring/rule options you like that aren't standard you think we should include? Can't think of immediately.

I enjoy the american version of football
    But to answer your questions - I have no idea what you are talking about apart from 5.Most evening

Count me in too, but more Dice Masters unterstandable.^^

Ok we have 8 interested so far. I'd like to get 10 or 12 total, so I'll give it til the end of the week to see if we can fill up the last few spots. Those interested in playing, PM me your email address and I'll start sending out invites once we have enough people. Once the league is full we can pick a draft date and time that works for the most people.

Here's the league settings I think we'll go with.
    Standard scoring (no PPR, 6 points per TD)
    Waivers (reset each week, worst team gets 1st waiver)
    Trades will go to a league vote.
    16 total roster spots: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1DST, 1K, 7 bench spots, 1 IR spot.

Interested so far: @DigitalFirefly @Meatman @Gogonjdevil @mrganghiskhan @fun4willis @Bestia @Jerry_Damage01 @Ressless

Others only interested in Yahoo, if you changed your mind, let me know: @RJRETRO @IsaacBV
    Last edited by DigitalFirefly; 08-17-2015 at 01:56 PM.

If it is Yahoo!, definitely! If not, best of luck to the rest of you.

If it is Yahoo!, definitely! If not, best of luck to the rest of you.

Same, if Yahoo I am good and if not good luck

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post
    Ok we have 8 interested so far. I'd like to get 10 or 12 total, so I'll give it til the end of the week to see if we can fill up the last few spots. Those interested in playing, PM me your email address and I'll start sending out invites once we have enough people. Once the league is full we can pick a draft date and time that works for the most people.

Here's the league settings I think we'll go with.
    Standard scoring (no PPR, 6 points per TD)
    Waivers (reset each week, worst team gets 1st waiver)
    Trades will go to a league vote.
    16 total roster spots: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1DST, 1K, 7 bench spots, 1 IR spot.

Interested so far: @DigitalFirefly @Meatman @Gogonjdevil @mrganghiskhan @fun4willis @Bestia @Jerry_Damage01 @Ressless

Others only interested in Yahoo, if you changed your mind, let me know: @RJRETRO @IsaacBV
    I can do Yahoo. And all of the settings sound good to me.

Can i ask please what do you mean by yahoo? i know it is a website but is there Feature to do such things like a Football Fantasy League?

Yup! They do all sorts of fantasy sports, and in my opinion, it's the best on the Internet.

Yup! They do all sorts of fantasy sports, and in my opinion, it's the best on the Internet.
    Yup, that's an opinion alright. :-P

I don't care if we do yahoo or ESPN..but we are doing this right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gogonjdevil View Post
    I don't care if we do yahoo or ESPN..but we are doing this right?
    Only 2 people sent me their emails, so at this rate no.

Still looking for people to play. I need you to PM me your email address if you want to play. So far it's just myself, Metaman, Fun4willis, Gogonjdevil, and mrganghiskhan. Need 5 more to have enough.

It's actually Meatman, but Metaman is a cool nick too! Maybe I'll switch it up.

Perhaps folks are just missing this thread. There is no notification of thread updates unless you subscribe to the thread, so maybe that is it.

I'll put them all on blast.

DUDES! Send a PM to @DigitalFirefly if still interested: @RJRETRO @Ressless @Jerry_Damage01 @IsaacBV @Bestia @Raimiwannabe @pishposh @Scum

Sorry i have to back out because i think i will have problems with the time to look more intensive for this league. But i hope you still keep going and have a good Draft!