Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Thanos SR

  1. #1

    Thanos SR

    Cheetah - Cursed Archaeologist

    When Cheetah attacks, she deals 1 damage to the defending player.


    and

    Black Manta - David

    If Black Manta is damaged during the Attack Step and not KOd, deal 1 damage to an opposing player.

    with

    Thanos - Infinite

    Overcrush

    Whenever one of your Villains deals combat damage to an opponent, put an Infinity Counter on Thanos. Thanos dice cost 2 less to purchase for each Infinity Counter on Thanos.


    Question.
    If cheetah is not blocked, it will give Thanos 2 infinity counters. Same goes with Black Manta's ability ( Attack step = Combat damage ?)

  2. #2
    Edit: Ok before i step on a stone of WK Text wording i will just quote the Rules text, sorry misswriting on myself ^^' :

    Combat Damage:
    The damage a character die deals during the
    Attack Step as a result of attacking or blocking.
    So i am not sure, will it be or not. If yes is the answer to your question, i need Thanos!!!^^ Ramp ARRR Pirates RAMP!
    Last edited by Ressless; 07-22-2015 at 07:54 AM.

  3. #3
    I believe Thanos only gins tokens off of damage due to a dice's attack value hitting your opponent.

    So you need some ind of trickery like Ultron drone + over crush or forced blocking to guanrentee damage gets through but he's still a very viable ramp.

  4. #4
    Damage from Cheetah and Black Manta's abilities are just that - damage from abilities.

    Combat damage to your opponent only occurs when a character is unblocked or when overcrush damage spills over.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by alleyviper View Post
    Damage from Cheetah and Black Manta's abilities are just that - damage from abilities.

    Combat damage to your opponent only occurs when a character is unblocked or when overcrush damage spills over.
    Agreed. The reference to "the damage a character die deals during the attack step" lends itself to mean the attack value of the character's die, not the damage dealt by a character ability during this step.

  6. #6

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Thanks guys.

    Back to the original plan.

    make those sidekicks villain.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblitz View Post
    Thanks guys.

    Back to the original plan.

    make those sidekicks villain.
    Something to keep in mind is the wording "whenever" meaning that it will rule similarly to the Casualties global. It is each moment in time that a villain deals combat damage to your opponent (and two villains would do that simultaneously when combat damage is resolved), not for each villain that deals combat damage. That slows this down a bit.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jwalk40 View Post
    Something to keep in mind is the wording "whenever" meaning that it will rule similarly to the Casualties global. It is each moment in time that a villain deals combat damage to your opponent (and two villains would do that simultaneously when combat damage is resolved), not for each villain that deals combat damage. That slows this down a bit.
    I had the same question for myself yesterday. I played on Vassal against such a Team with Villain making global and much small attacking characters. So my opponent got in a good attack 4 Counters in one Turn.

    If i go for the text directly, i would say yes, thanos recieves a Counter per Villain that damages me in combat, so 4 attacking villains at the same time = 4 counters.

    But if the ruling about simultaneously effect is working on Thanos too, it would only be 1 Counter per Attacking Steo and damage resolving.

    So can someone clarify that?

  11. #11
    Bump for Justice!

    Edit:

    Thanks Pk! Who else is with me, the 1-Counter-For-All-Group!!! <.<

    I've send a question to Wizkids for this.
    Last edited by Ressless; 07-26-2015 at 03:04 PM.

  12. #12
    Combat damage is all resolved simultaneously. I would say that based on the Casualties Ruling, Thanos can only get a maximum of 1 Infinity Counter per turn.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Combat damage is all resolved simultaneously. I would say that based on the Casualties Ruling, Thanos can only get a maximum of 1 Infinity Counter per turn.
    I would think that in the edge case of having a character that resolves their attack first (i.e. Cheetah: Dr. Barbara Ann Minerva) then you could possibly get 2 Infinity Counters in a turn. I think a Basic Action that gave a die this 'quick strike' ability would be fun to play around with.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by pishposh View Post
    I would think that in the edge case of having a character that resolves their attack first (i.e. Cheetah: Dr. Barbara Ann Minerva) then you could possibly get 2 Infinity Counters in a turn. I think a Basic Action that gave a die this 'quick strike' ability would be fun to play around with.
    But here i think it is more ment to be to attack like Hawkeye, nothing more, because for an unblocked character , she will attack before opposing characters but it doesnt change the assigned damage on the Opponent itself is simultane with the other unblocked characters.+

    When assigning damage in an Attack Step, Cheetah assigns and resolves her damage before opposing characters.
    If you would change the word "opposing" with "all others" / "your other" then yes! Otherwise i would say no.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •