Thread: Mixing the different types of sidekick and action dice

Mixing the different types of sidekick and action dice

So we have three types of dice now. We've got the black and white from the starters, the grey ones from the old collector sets, and now the pearl ones from the age of ultron collector set. My question is, would you be ok with an opponent mixing the different styles? Say for action dice they used one blue from all three styles (one white/black, one grey, and one pearl). Or for sidekick they used 4 grey and 4 pearl. Would you have any objections to this? Having all the styles now, I'd like to start mixing them up some but not seeing others do it yet I thought is bring the topic up here for some opinions.

I think for Basic Actions the best is, 4 different colours, i favor mor the blue from Yugioh instead of Purple or later Blues (because they look similar and can cause confusion).

for NPC Die there should be no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post
    I think for Basic Actions the best is, 4 different colours, i favor mor the blue from Yugioh instead of Purple or later Blues (because they look similar and can cause confusion).

for NPC Die there should be no problem.
    I'm still going to use four different colors. Just for mine, say blue and green, I use one green and one blue from each of the three different styles. So I'd have three green and three blue for my action dice.

Sure whatever looks and feels good to you, you should use and have fun .

I do love those pearl ones. They look sweet.

I didn't think to look at the cards to see if they were different for the pearls. I didn't notice a difference in the gray/silver ones until DC, so apparently I am not super observant...

I would think they would be easier to tell apart than some of the colors. I have reds that look awefully brown, and pinks that are way too red, and orange/yellow are just too close.

It seems to me that you are introducing additional complexity where it doesn't need to be. It's probably easy enough to figure out, but why would I need to remember that these three different dice are actually all the same?

To me it'd be like using two AvX and two UXM Angel dice. Yes they have the same symbol, and the same stats, but if I glance at your board I see two "different" dice.

As long as the feeling of the sidekick dice are the same, I say go for it! I think it adds a new wrinkle to the "theme" by saying the specific pearl sidekick die is a character that hasn't appeared in the game yet.

"That sidekick die is Toro!"

I think given the varying sizes, sharpness, and finishes of all the other dice in the game, any such differences between the different SK and BA dice really should not matter.

Perfect.

I actually just sold myself on getting the special sidekick dice for that reason. Going to make each SK colour a different character in my head. Haha.