Thread: Legion of Doom

Legion of Doom

Are there any benefits to this affiliation? It seems redundant because every member is also part of the "villain" affiliation. So any benefit they get from affiliation is already there. I mean, LOD doesn't get any exclusive affiliation abilities, so what is the benefit of having both affiliations? Couldn't they just be villains and be just as well off?

Possible future design space seems like a benefit.

I noticed this as well, and would like to add the question, "What is that team symbol supposed to be?" to the list, if I might be so bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Critenstein View Post
    I noticed this as well, and would like to add the question, "What is that team symbol supposed to be?" to the list, if I might be so bold.
    It's their base of operations.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hqdefault.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	2033

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post

Meanwhile...

1) Thank you!
    2) That looks like an unhappy Chibi Darth Vader head.

Quote Originally Posted by OddballNarwhal View Post
    Meanwhile...
    LMAO YES! I read that in the Narrator's voice. Thank you.

And now I think of the spoof where brainiac kept trying to ask for pants and the other villains kept interrupting him with possible plans.

Name:	file_190009_9_road-warriors.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	2039

I feel like I just need to leave this here.
    Well...!

Well...!
    Needs more capslock. Also, UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHH WHAAAAAT A RUUUUUUUSH.

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    Needs more capslock. Also, UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHH WHAAAAAT A RUUUUUUUSH.
    The first time I saw the Super Friends cartoon I got really excited when I heard the announcer say "Legion of Doom". I expected Animal and Hawk to beat the holy heck out of Superman. Maybe even take him out with the Doomsday Device.

I was a little disappointed.

I told @Randy this one time. I actually had two Captain Planet action figures that I named after Hawk and Animal, just so I would have LoD action figures. Duke Nukem was Hawk, Verminous Skumm was Animal.

Name:	file_190009_9_road-warriors.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	2039

I feel like I just need to leave this here.

And now I feel 12 years old looking at that

"Tell 'em, Hawk!"

I actually went to watch some old school Road Warriors/Legion of Doom after reading this thread. Thanks, friends. <3.

And THAT is the greatest gift of all. Friendhip? No. Getting someone to watch the Legion of Doom in their hayday.

The first time I saw the Super Friends cartoon I got really excited when I heard the announcer say "Legion of Doom".
    I remember one where the Wonder Twins rescued a teenager from an abandoned amusement park ride. At the end they said, "You should be more careful. Next time there may not be any Super Friends around to rescue you!" And I thought to my self There weren't any Super Friends around this time to save them!

YOU PEOPLE KNOW THAT THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF PEOPLE. THERE ARE WEASELS AND THERE ARE WEASEL SLAPPERS. WE'RE WEASEL SLAPPERS AND YOU'RE WEASELS.

LoD4lyfe