Thread: Redirection

Redirection

I've got a question for you folks. Say I've got an active Human Paladin on my side of the field. Along with the global for Storm.

My opponent decides to use the Millennium Puzzle and target one of my characters. As a response, I decide to pay a to activate Storm's global. I redirect the target of the Millennium Puzzle onto one of his characters. Now here in lies the question. Can my opponent then use the Storm global to redirect it back onto my characters or am I covered via Human Paladin? Is there some sort of odd ruling that would make it so? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Scenttii View Post
    I've got a question for you folks. Say I've got an active Human Paladin on my side of the field. Along with the global for Storm.

My opponent decides to use the Millennium Puzzle and target one of my characters. As a response, I decide to pay a to activate Storm's global. I redirect the target of the Millennium Puzzle onto one of his characters. Now here in lies the question. Can my opponent then use the Storm global to redirect it back onto my characters or am I covered via Human Paladin? Is there some sort of odd ruling that would make it so? Thanks in advance!

Storm's global isn't affecting anyone's characters, only the targeting of an action die. Since the MP isn't a global ability, it can be attached to the Paladin. In order to stop MP from targeting/attaching to HP, HP's character ability would have to specify 'actions' in addition to 'global abilities'.