Thread: Superman, Magneto& Green Lantern Ring Villains and Casualties

Superman, Magneto& Green Lantern Ring Villains and Casualties

Hey, today i played my first Vassal match with some starting problemls.

And i face some Rules i was not prepared for or never faced so far in my DM- Playtime.

1. Superman™: Man of Steel
    "When fielded, you may pay 2 to purchase a different character with the Justice League affiliation and put the die directly into your bag."

If i have Aquaman: Arthur Curry"While Aquaman is active, Justice League characters cost 1 less to buy (to a minimum of 1)" on the field, and i am fielding Superman: Man of Steel, does both abilities Stack?

If i go for the text of Superman, i would say No, because only he allows me when he is fielded to buy another JL Character for 2 instead of the original Costs.

His text is not like BEWD or Red Dragon Global that says "the next one Die you buy"

2. Magneto Former Comrade: "Global: Pay to reroll a Villain die." &
    Lantern Power Ring: Energy Projection "Global: Pay . Target opposing character gains the Villain affiliation until end of turn."

Ive alread red that i can reroll Villain dies both, in the field and the reserve pool(WKRuling).

But my question here is, who is becoming the villain and for how long?

So, because there is often mentioned by WK that Characters is a Die of a Character card(except Sidekicks).
    So if i use the Lantern Power Ring Global on a Opposing Character die, will he be staying a Villain Die after i let this Die reroll with the Magneto Global, so for example

Gambit attacks, i will use both globals on him, the enemy must reroll him and rolls a double Mask.
    Will the Gambit die now stay in reserve pool(i think yes)?
    And can he use one mask to reroll his now Villain Gambit die? And if yes, what happens when he rolls a Characterface side?

3. Casualties:
    "KO target Sidekick.
    ** KO an additional target Sidekick if able.
    Global: Pay Fist or Bolt . Gain 1 life whenever an opposing Sidekick is KO'd this turn."

The text reads like , i pay 1 Fist or Bolt and for whole turn , whenevera sidekick is ko'd, gain 1 Life.

Is this the correct understanding or is it:

Pay everytime a Fist or Bold for one sidekick is Ko'd, so i must pay 2 Fists when i KO 2 Sidekicks?

Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post

"When fielded, you may pay 2 to purchase a different character with the Justice League affiliation and put the die directly into your bag."

If i have Aquaman: Arthur Curry"While Aquaman is active, Justice League characters cost 1 less to buy (to a minimum of 1)" on the field, and i am fielding Superman: Man of Steel, does both abilities Stack?

If i go for the text of Superman, i would say No, because only he allows me when he is fielded to buy another JL Character for 2 instead of the original Costs.
    I was going to say yes, as generally discounts do stack to the minimum, but I believe you're correct as Superman's ability is replacing the cost of the die irregardless of any applied discount.

2. Magneto Former Comrade: "Global: Pay to reroll a Villain die." &
    Lantern Power Ring: Energy Projection "Global: Pay . Target opposing character gains the Villain affiliation until end of turn."

Ive alread red that i can reroll Villain dies both, in the field and the reserve pool(WKRuling).

But my question here is, who is becoming the villain and for how long?

So, because there is often mentioned by WK that Characters is a Die of a Character card(except Sidekicks).
    So if i use the Lantern Power Ring Global on a Opposing Character die, will he be staying a Villain Die after i let this Die reroll with the Magneto Global, so for example

Gambit attacks, i will use both globals on him, the enemy must reroll him and rolls a double Mask.
    Will the Gambit die now stay in reserve pool(i think yes)?
    And can he use one mask to reroll his now Villain Gambit die? And if yes, what happens when he rolls a Characterface side?
    WK have stated that generally speaking dice remember what character card they came from as well as any affiliations, unless changed by an in-game ability. The argument for being able to re-roll the energy faced die is certainly valid. If we accept the energy die as retaining the villain affiliation and the ability to re-roll it as valid, then certainly the re-rolled character face would still retain the villain affiliation until the end of the turn when abilities/effects are cleared.

3. Casualties:
    "KO target Sidekick.
    ** KO an additional target Sidekick if able.
    Global: Pay Fist or Bolt . Gain 1 life whenever an opposing Sidekick is KO'd this turn."

The text reads like , i pay 1 Fist or Bolt and for whole turn , whenevera sidekick is ko'd, gain 1 Life.

Is this the correct understanding or is it:

Pay everytime a Fist or Bold for one sidekick is Ko'd, so i must pay 2 Fists when i KO 2 Sidekicks?
    I believe it's a one-time toll - pay it once, and it's in effect until the end of the turn.

1.) It would probably be easiest to interpret Superman's ability as: "when Superman is fielded, you may pay 2 generic energy. If you do, purchase a different character with the Justice League affiliation for free and place it directly into your bag."

2.) Yes, any time a die is rerolled and is no longer eligible for the field/zone that it is in, it is placed in its owner's Reserve Pool. So if Gambit came up double masks, he would go to your opponent's reserve pool and could be used as energy.

The question of whether he stays a villain afterwards is a good question and would be worth asking in the WK rules forum. My gut would say "no" but I could go either way. IgwanaRob does bring up a decent point with the dice memory.

If your opponent rerolled his Gambit die in this scenario, and it came up a character face, it would just sit in the Reserve Pool and do nothing. You're already in the attack step so it's too late for him to field the die, and there's no condition on Magneto's global that a die rerolled in the Reserve Pool, landing on a character face, would go to the field.

3.) Pay a Fist or Bolt. For the remainder of the turn, you will gain 1 life for any instance in which a sidekick or sidekicks are KO'd.

His text is not like BEWD or Red Dragon Global that says "the next one Die you buy"
    You are correct. Superman's ability replaces the cost amount and overrides other discounts. This is similar to using Cerebo and making an Avenger cost 2 to field and it overriding Nick Fury - Mr. Anger.

Quote Originally Posted by alleyviper View Post
    If your opponent rerolled his Gambit die in this scenario, and it came up a character face, it would just sit in the Reserve Pool and do nothing. You're already in the attack step so it's too late for him to field the die, and there's no condition on Magneto's global that a die rerolled in the Reserve Pool, landing on a character face, would go to the field.
    Oh, good catch - I didn't even realize it was during the attack step.

(also, that's the one Magneto without the global, but that's a big deal)

Quote Originally Posted by alleyviper View Post
    1.) It would probably be easiest to interpret Superman's ability as: "when Superman is fielded, you may pay 2 generic energy. If you do, purchase a different character with the Justice League affiliation for free and place it directly into your bag."

3.) Pay a Fist or Bolt. For the remainder of the turn, you will gain 1 life for any instance in which a sidekick or sidekicks are KO'd.
    1. Dont forget it must be the requested Energy at least one of it to purchase the wanted character. So even with 2 Generic Number, it must be payed with one energy face of the card.

3. So do you mean only one time the effect happens? So i can pay 3 Fists the turn and try to ko 3 Sidekicks to gain this effect for me right?

1. Dont forget it must be the requested Energy at least one of it to purchase the wanted character. So even with 2 Generic Number, it must be payed with one energy face of the card.
    Never thought about it before, but that's not what Superman's card says, although that's how I've played it in the past.

It says "pay 2." Nothing about matching the energy face on the card in the purchase cost and one more energy. Does it really mean 2 Generic Energy?

Forget what ive wrote:

Here is your statement of understanding,
    http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...Generic#p14016

"Both refer to energy, see this post: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5984"

"Energy. While Captain Cold is active, your opponent must pay 1 energy of any type to declare an attack. You can assume energy when it doesn't specify what you are paying."

and here is mine:

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...Generic#p14185

"I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at here. You are paying less (but not less than 1 as per viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3816) for those dice. Cards like Beast: Nefarious Geneticist wouldn't see the lower cost when applying their effects if that is what you're asking, since such cards check the cost and not what you pay. In all cases of cost reduction, you must still pay (unless otherwise specified) the energy type in question. Meaning you couldn't reduce the cost of something by 1 and reduce away the Fist portion.

Please follow up if this isn't getting to the heart of your concern."

PS: Just when thought, that the old post form WkRUling make sense, they throw up somethings like Jocasta and other stuff....
    By the Allspark, we must unite against the Unicron!

I don't think Superman is cost reduction. He is pay 2 for an effect.

For example, if there were a 1 cost Justice League character, Superman would still make you pay 2 energy for his ability.

Because of this, it reads just like anything else that says to pay energy without specifying type. Just pay 2 of anything, and do his ability.

Quote Originally Posted by crambaza View Post
    I don't think Superman is cost reduction. He is pay 2 for an effect.

Because of this, it reads just like anything else that says to pay energy without specifying type. Just pay 2 of anything, and do his ability.
    And because of this and his specific wording to "purchase," as an effect, that I think Aquaman, Arthur Curry would work with him. He simply says, in essence---when you buy a JL character, it costs 1 less. He doesn't care how it was purchased, it just costs 1 less when you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    And because of this and his specific wording to "purchase," as an effect, that I think Aquaman, Arthur Curry would work with him. He simply says, in essence---when you buy a JL character, it costs 1 less. He doesn't care how it was purchased, it just costs 1 less when you do.
    This isn't how Superman works, though. You essentially are paying 2 generic to activate the ability, not 2 generic to make a purchase. Once that 2 energy is paid, you may now grab a different JL character for free.

3. So do you mean only one time the effect happens? So i can pay 3 Fists the turn and try to ko 3 Sidekicks to gain this effect for me right?
    No, you pay one fist or one bolt. That's all. Once you pay one bolt or one fist you are set for the rest of the turn any time sidekicks are KO'd. So, let's say you have a turn play out like this:

-During your main step, you pay one fist to activate the global.
    -Next, you pay a bolt for Magic Missile's global and KO an opposing Sidekick. Gain 1 life.
    -Now you field a Carrion Crawler - Lesser Aberration and KO another opposing sidekick. Gain 1 life.
    -You attack with three characters and your opponent blocks with three sidekicks, and they are all KO'd. Gain 1 life.

You have gained 3 life. You paid for the global once.