Thread: We are live! (WoL rules link is active)

We are live! (WoL rules link is active)

I've been skimming over the updates rules which can be found here: http://wizkids.com/wol/DCDM2_Rulebook07.23-WEB.pdf

It's got the 'Out of Play' explanations in the rule book! That's nice!

Thanks for the post, not to much that hasn't already been leaked but good to read anyways

Did you notice that they have not acknowledged rarity of the chace cards? They do not mention them in the rarity section of either AOU or WOL?
    Wierd?

So will I be able to have Green Lantern: Hal Jordan and Hal Jordan: Green Lantern both on the same team? I wonder how WizKids will sort that out.

It will be interesting considering, at least I think so if I remember correctly, they have the same dice.

Quote Originally Posted by KingMatticus View Post
    It will be interesting considering, at least I think so if I remember correctly, they have the same dice.
    Similar dice, but not same. DCJL GLs are solid, where as WoL are transparent.

Have they so explicitly defined Combat Damage before? (In the Lexicon at the end)

Will that be a deciding factor even if they have the same emblem and stats?

I believe the stats are slightly different as well. The WoL GL has a 2 Fielding Cost at level 3 IIRC.

Just did a Document comparison between this and AoU rulebook. Other than an explanation of Lantern Symbols and Constructs, as well as a definition for Continuous, there isn't anything obviously different between the documents.

The same was not true for DC to AoU though, I'll be writing an article about that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    I believe the stats are slightly different as well. The WoL GL has a 2 Fielding Cost at level 3 IIRC.

Just did a Document comparison between this and AoU rulebook. Other than an explanation of Lantern Symbols and Constructs, as well as a definition for Continuous, there isn't anything obviously different between the documents.

The same was not true for DC to AoU though, I'll be writing an article about that soon.
    I searched for "Constructs" and didn't find anything, so I was confused. Then I found the "Emotional Conduits" and was much less confused

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    I believe that was from promotional material just showing the die, not from the actual card. According to the image in the rulebook, WoL Hal Jordan has the exact same die stats as JuL Green Lantern (142 153 165).

Quote Originally Posted by pishposh View Post
    So will I be able to have Green Lantern: Hal Jordan and Hal Jordan: Green Lantern both on the same team? I wonder how WizKids will sort that out.
    Technically, rule book tells us this will be legal. I'm interested to find that out myself.