Thread: Draft, obviously, requires buying packs. Is that a problem

Draft, obviously, requires buying packs. Is that a problem

As someone who does have a full collection, I get why some may be resistant. But buying so much at the get-go was my call, even knowing that draft is awesome. So I don't mind buying more, especially because it supports the store at which I play and that kind of thing. What are your thoughts?

I've completed all sets except YGO and I still draft as well. I like having a healthy trade binder for future sets.

It's slightly unfortunate needing to spend more on cards/dice you don't need, but that's the whole collectible model top to bottom. To complain about it, assuming the draft represents only a modest cash outlay, gets hard to justify if you're otherwise willing to buy blind purchase boosters to build your collection to begin with.

Some people ONLY buy on the secondary market. Their complaints about the unnessary expense of draft is on firmer footing, methinks. These individuals are pretty rare, though.

Fortunately, in some settings (at home) you can simulate draft conditions with no expense so there draft's smallish issue goes away.

Fortunately, in some settings (at home) you can simulate draft conditions with no expense so there draft's smallish issue goes away.
    That reminds me, I need to finish my Dice Masters Cube for drafting.

Yeah, I'm cool with drafting every though my sets are full as well (sans YGO.)

There's also the part where purchasing packs is an enticement for the store to continue to carry/support it.

When I'm talking to a store about the game, I'm definitely mentioning that a draft moves 12 packs per player.

Anyone have an idea what kind of markup the MSRP is?

That's the best part about it for keeping the game going.

The discount received by retailers depends on the overall volume of products (not just Dice Masters) they order from their distributor. It starts at 40% off MSRP.

I have no idea how much the distributor pays.