Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: SHAZM! Trinity War OP

  1. #1

    SHAZM! Trinity War OP

    The general consensus is that SHAZAM is lackluster, especially when considering the high cost. But what do you think of his OP card? I think it has a nice ability. In your opinion, does it make him worth the cost? Would you ever use him? I just need to believe there is a useful SHAZAM card out there. ��

    http://www.diceanon.com/dc-comics-di...r-op-spoilers/

  2. #2
    Ehhhh, its a nice ability but its just not worth the cost. And for a 7 cost his stats arent that good either. If its Shazam I rather just use the Rare version. Even the uncommon is good.



    But if you want something thats worth using instead of Shazam trinity why not use this guy? Same concept. Almost the same attack stats, cheaper and he basically does the same thing along with a nice global.

  3. #3
    Thanks for the recommendation. I only use DC sets though, because I have a few friends that use Marvel sets so we do the Marvel vs. DC theme. I guess I really don't need to use Shazam, it's just that he's my fav character so i'm trying to get the most out of him within my limited way of playing.

  4. #4
    If you want to use Shazam! you can make a team with this. Its one I made because I like the Robin Dice along with Batman. Not huge fan of Batman or Robin (I like the games) but when it comes to Dice Masters I like cards based on their effects.

    or

  5. #5

  6. #6
    In mixed play it's a shame that rare Shazam is almost strictly worse than uncommon Captain Marvel, especially considering she spins herself up. I can't imagine any scenario where I'd use Shazam over Marvel outside of needing a Mask character for some strange reason, or limiting set play.

  7. #7
    I play Shazam Trinity War simply because he's MY favorite character, too. But if I don't get him into play, it's no big deal, it's just one die.

  8. #8
    Shazam cards are good for battlefield manipulation and he packs a punch. Honestly, Shazam's common combined with Vibe - Formerly Hardline is a potent combo in itself.

  9. #9
    It is but there are a bunch of cards that are just better to set up Vibe Shenanigans. Like the new Black Widow. You either spin down or she goes through.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by alleyviper View Post
    In mixed play it's a shame that rare Shazam is almost strictly worse than uncommon Captain Marvel, especially considering she spins herself up. I can't imagine any scenario where I'd use Shazam over Marvel outside of needing a Mask character for some strange reason, or limiting set play.
    Shazam does have higher die face values though. Plus, his ability triggers in more ways; not just from combat, but also direct damage or ko'ing an opponent. But you are also paying 1 more energy for that. They seem to be pretty comparable in the cost efficiency ratio. I think?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAZAM! View Post
    Shazam does have higher die face values though. Plus, his ability triggers in more ways; not just from combat, but also direct damage or ko'ing an opponent. But you are also paying 1 more energy for that. They seem to be pretty comparable in the cost efficiency ratio. I think?
    He actually triggers in fewer ways. If Shazam attacks and is blocked, but doesn't KO, no trigger (Marvel will). If Shazam blocks, no trigger (Marvel will). The number of ways he can deal direct damage to trigger his ability are so few they may as well not even factor in, and if you're actually building something like that into a team you're already working with something so contrived for so little payoff that you're digging yourself a massive hole from the get go.

    The higher die face values are almost negligible past level 1.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by alleyviper View Post
    He actually triggers in fewer ways. If Shazam attacks and is blocked, but doesn't KO, no trigger (Marvel will). If Shazam blocks, no trigger (Marvel will). The number of ways he can deal direct damage to trigger his ability are so few they may as well not even factor in, and if you're actually building something like that into a team you're already working with something so contrived for so little payoff that you're digging yourself a massive hole from the get go.

    The higher die face values are almost negligible past level 1.
    I guess I looked at that wrong. That sucks! So not only did Captain Marvel gank SHAZAM's name, but she has a better ability at lower cost too? GRRRRRR!

  13. #13
    That's why I dont use my favorite characters in my team. I use characters with effects I like and my play style.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAZAM! View Post
    I guess I looked at that wrong. That sucks! So not only did Captain Marvel gank SHAZAM's name, but she has a better ability at lower cost too? GRRRRRR!
    You could just create an alternate art version of the card. Replace Mrs. Marvel with Shazam! art, and the only thing hinky with it would be the Avengers affiliation.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    That's why I dont use my favorite characters in my team. I use characters with effects I like and my play style.
    I understand. If I was playing in a more competitive atmosphere I'd almost certainly rule him out. I usually play at home though, so I guess it's a little more lax. Hopefully a future set can add an action card that could help him out, like the Rock of Eternity, or maybe even his foster family or something.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •