Thread: Hawkeye: Trick Shot

Hawkeye: Trick Shot

Hawkeye: Trick Shot
    When this character attacks, choose an opposing character die who must either block Hawkeye or take 2 damage (opponent's choice).

If you attack with two Hawkeye dice and name the same character twice does that force it to take 2 damage since it can only block one die?

My guess is there is an implied (if able) in that ability. Something like this
    "When this character attacks, choose an opposing character die who must either block Hawkeye (if able) or take 2 damage (opponent's choice)."

I guess it would be a similar situation if you named a character that couldn't block for some reason.

It's "when this character attacks" so it happens only once regardless of how many Hawkeye dice are fielded and attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Glw30 View Post
    So, let's say I have 4 Hawkeyes fielded, which die is the opposing die forced to block if it only occurs once and not per die?
    The previous conversation is incorrect. "When attacks" abilities like Hawkeye's trigger once per attacking die, not once for all of them. As such, each die resolves its ability independantly, forcing the target character to block the Hawkeye die that is resolving at that moment (though they resolve in whichever order you like).

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    It's "when this character attacks" so it happens only once regardless of how many Hawkeye dice are fielded and attacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    The previous conversation is incorrect. "When attacks" abilities like Hawkeye's trigger once per attacking die, not once for all of them. As such, each die resolves its ability independantly, forcing the target character to block the Hawkeye die that is resolving at that moment (though they resolve in whichever order you like).
    So, as I see it, if I have 4 Hawkeyes dice fielded and assign all of them to attack, my opponent has 1 character fielded. I choose that one opposing die for all 4 Hawkeyes and it would take 6 damage no matter what because it can only block one of them. Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Glw30 View Post
    So, as I see it, if I have 4 Hawkeyes dice fielded and assign all of them to attack, my opponent has 1 character fielded. I choose that one opposing die for all 4 Hawkeyes and it would take 6 damage no matter what because it can only block one of them. Correct?
    No. Hawkeye's effect doesn't deal the damage depending on how your opponent' blocks, your opponent is allowed to take damage in order to prevent his effect from forcing the target character to block a certain way.

When a Hawkeye die attacks, its effect will target an opposing character and the controller of that character will let the effect go through or take 2 damage to prevent it. If the opponent only has 1 character, they can just accept all the effects and this will allow them to block any of the attacking Hawkeye's without penalty.

This question was re-asked in a more recent thread where I explained it: http://www.thereservepool.com/thread...-Shot-Question