Thread: Affiliation Balance ( JL, Avengers, X-MEN )

Affiliation Balance ( JL, Avengers, X-MEN )

Let's assume we were building a deck purely on these team themes. Which affiliation is the strongest? I understand JL is smaller in number by comparison right now, but ability-wise can they hold a candle to Avengers or X-Men in an eight card deck?

I'm still fairly new to the game, but it seems like the Marvel sets are stronger overall. Am I wrong?

Avengers is probably the strongest, but remember they have 3 sets to draw from.

Avengers for sure. Age of Ultron being the third set. Uncanny X-men and Avengers vs X-Men.

We had a recent constructed event, where you had to build "affiliated teams".

I won with JSA from DC. That Red Tornado uncommon is awesome.

I would like to note that this one Dice Masters scene is more casual than the other ones I go to.

Quote Originally Posted by crambaza View Post
    We had a recent constructed event, where you had to build "affiliated teams".

I won with JSA from DC. That Red Tornado uncommon is awesome.

I would like to note that this one Dice Masters scene is more casual than the other ones I go to.

Grats! Well, that's good to hear. Maybe I was a bit presumptuous when I declared they were underpowered when compared to the Marvel teams. Any good use of the team's "retaliation" specialty?

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Avengers is probably the strongest, but remember they have 3 sets to draw from.
    I think that's part of my small gripe with the coming WOL set. It doesn't add anything more to the previous DC set. I dig WOL, but I sort of wish it came later. By the time Marvel had two sets the Avengers and X-Men had tons of options. And then came AOU which put them in an even sweeter spot. By the time DC gets two sets The Justice League is still sitting where it was ( with no additions ) and none of the other affiliations ( e.g. JSA ) have been built on. I would have put WOL as a third set, but that's just me.

I mean, if we're talking all affiliations then Villains is the strongest. Or maybe Egyptian G...nope, can't do it.