Thread: Stopping Rush Teams, how?

Stopping Rush Teams, how?

So , i dont want cheat on myself to figure it out, but i guess at my wits ends i have to ask for help here ^^'.

So how can i keep such teams like Fury Patch or Wolverine Spiderbomb Teams in Check?

I know there is the Lord of D. against Target Abilities, but still a 4 cost slow, maybe to get earlier with PXG and Resurrection/Villain Pact/Zatanna/Gambit

but i think if i will face such teams in a Unlimited Tournament, i should think about TransferPower or Distraction just to save myself from it?

Distraction helps yourself and against opponents. It shuts down a lot of stuff. There's also prismatic spray to stop them from attacking for a turn. Constantine Hellblazer does help stop them for about a turn from attacking. Swords of revealing light action stops one character from attacking.

Rush decks are a bastard so you have a few options. Constantine and Distraction are probably the best when it comes slowing down and stalling the team.

You could also try uncommon Invisible stalker. He is a surprisingly effective single target prevention ability.

Thanks, yeah, i like often to play BIG-Bump-Teams , meaning i buy something big and will bump and bounce to do much damage. But most of time it is too risky and without a good defense plan if you start as second it is a Haywire(hope it is the correct word) fight.

I think i must find myself a good overview thinking about what can harm me in the modest normal way and what cards can help me prevent or workaround it.

If your using big hitting characters just make sure you have a way to correctly ramp. Plan A to B. Try not to rush to your win condition, just have a system order of buying your characters.

If you have polymorph, turbo-ing into a turn 3 suppression character like Jinzo trap destroyer or Hulk Green Goliath is almost always effective and consistent.

there is only one Ressless (yeah it is me) but i cannot go there and must step back from it because of time and money :/ .
    Yeah true, if you can hold until turn 4 and you bring in your win characters , the rush team needs good rolls for it. Otherwise they trapped sometimes in a circle, and thats what i love

I was looking around and i will try out a team with Transferpower and Thrown Car

Team is normally defensive, but when attacking with at least 3 energys good for lethal(i hope so):

Ant-Man(3 Cost - global)
    Deadpool(4 Assassin or 5 Jack)
    Saggi the Dark Clown(3 Cost)
    Professor X(global)
    Black Panther - Wakanda Chief(4 Cost)
    Storm (3 Cost for removal)
    Human Paladin(4 cost - ensure no globals will getting on your nerves)
    Spiderman (5 Cost - Fist for taking all Blockers)

Transfer Power
    Thrown Car / Hulk Out / Anger Issues

If i could, i would bring in Falcon for unblocking Sidekicks and Jocasta as a fearsome alternative plan (make blocking or attacking enemys against her Stronger to deal good Damage)

The Team needs a defensive Character and some sidekicks -> Attack with sidekicks -> 1 Fist switch Saggis 7 Defensive to Attack, 2 Shields for switching to enemy and back or maybe he has something with good Attack value on the field i can use.

Sure he can use often Distraction but ruining with it his PXG Ramp.

How does this plan looks like? Good, bad, medium cooked baked fried potato?

Can you put up the pictures? I dont have the attention span to look all these up.

Sorry Vast here the pictures.
    Essential the Core

They did their work

Never used him really

Transferpower is good, but breaked my neck sometimes.
    Hulk Out 2 Cost gives character Overcrush and +1A

It tested it against a Fury Patch Deck and got busted by Ant-Mans and Black Widows.... 2 Times

and i won 1 time against a Midrange Deck, where i had time to attack with Black Panther Wakanda Chief and some sidekicks.

What type of deck are you going for exactly?
    Also if you plan on using Deadpool, use Jack. He KO's characters regardless.

Yes i used later Jack and he payed off, i wanted to counter the rushing deck with blockers, before a Spiderman comes around and takes all attention to him. And when there is a chance to swing with much attack value, but he never had strong attackers.

But even when i thought i was lethal i couldnt get past this wall.

If he's building a wall and you want to slow him down, think about using Constantine - Hellblazer and the rare Wasp. They are turn 2 buys. Wasp slows down PXG and Constantine stops the character themselves for a turn (if you call them when they plan on fielding).

Also in this case if he's building a wall think about using overcrush. Blast his characters. Hell, use Green Goliath Hulk with Magic missile or Human Torch - Johnny Storm to ping Hulk and wipe his board.

Thanks yes, i WILL USE HULK, i was against it the whole time, but yes i need him for it -_-
    I like Hulk but his cards are just not fitting in in my mind. I will try it out and post my experience, thank Vastspartan and all other guys here!

I went to a local tourney and out of all the decks I fought I lost to someone using Hulk. He really slows down the game. He was the exact reason I put Deadpool - Jack into my deck. Using distraction and Deadpool Jack for the combo to not activate Hulks effects is one of the safest things I could do. That and prismatic spray.