Thread: Captain America - First Avenger

Captain America - First Avenger

While active, whenever you take non-combat damage, spin this character up one level.
    * Also gain 1 life

Question - This Captain America die has a burst on it's level 1 and level 3 side. So...if on the level 3 face, does the life gain still happen? Since the die cannot be spun up when at level 3, does that mean the "Also gain one life" doesn’t trigger either?

I played in a game tonight where this came up...and we played it as the life gain still kicks in at level 3, but not sure if that is correct.

Also...just to clarify...the non-combat damage needs to be done to the player for this ability to kick in correct? That is what they mean by using the word "you"...right?

One more...you would spin up all fielded Captain America dice and gain a life for each that is on burst...correct?

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I believe the life gain would still happen, otherwise there is no reason for him to have a burst face on this level (for this card, at least).

It definitely is ability damage to the player (non-combat damage, like Power Bolt or Johnny Storm's ability).

I always came to the same conclusion when I played him. Makes no sense to have the burst there otherwise.

Yeah, I think you still get the life gain. It doesn't make sense otherwise.

Thanks guys...while I think I still agree with you position on this card, I'm not sure if the presence of a burst on level 3 is evidence enough...as that could be designed for his other versions...and we have several examples of Bursts on dice that don't make any sense... (AVX Wolverine, I'm looking in you direction)

In our game he had this Cap card as well as Rare Wasp on his team. These 2 are a nice combo actually. At one point, I had KO'd his wasp, and thought it was safe to use her global again, forgetting about the Captain. He had 2 captains in the field, so I took one health off him from the global, but the he got 2 back, one for each Captain.

"While active" = 1 life gain and 1 spinning (all caps, 1x) no matter how many caps fielded.

Also, about life gaining on level three... "You do as much as you CAN"

So...1 life gain occurs no matter how many dice are in the field. Makes sense since it is a while active ability...but then why would that be a burst ability? Some of the Captain's dice may be on burst while others are not. Does the life gain occur if any of the dice are on a burst face?

Quote Originally Posted by Meatman View Post
    So...1 life gain occurs no matter how many dice are in the field. Makes sense since it is a while active ability...but then why would that be a burst ability? Some of the Captain's dice may be on burst while others are not. Does the life gain occur if any of the dice are on a burst face?
    There is a precedence for this:

Hulk Green Goliath.

And I could have sworn there was a ruling (and that it said when you have multiple dice of the same character, which has a while active with burst, and some are on bursts, and some are not, then you do the burst ability), but I can't find it now.