Thread: Question regarding Globals that force a character to attack.

Question regarding Globals that force a character to attack.

With Global abilities like on Phoenix or M. Fantastic that read like this:

Global: Pay 1 Bolt energy. Target character must attack.

If I suspect that my opponent will skip the attack phase, denying me the possibility to use a Global during the attack step, can I trigger this Global during the Main Step to force one character to attack this turn? Or can I only use it during the Attack Step?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Castle View Post

If I suspect that my opponent will skip the attack phase, denying me the possibility to use a Global during the attack step, can I trigger this Global during the Main Step to force one character to attack this turn? Or can I only use it during the Attack Step?

Thanks!
    Well you need to do it in the Main Phase, because you trigger globals after attackers and blockers have been declared

Quote Originally Posted by Red Castle View Post

Thanks!
    As mentioned, it can only (functionally) be used in the Main Step, because using it in the Attack Step will just waste energy. I think this is a good way to force an Attack Step, because as you said, they would have to attack with that character (unless they played a counter Global like Kitty Pryde's).