Thread: X-me. Team help

Hi Phoenix,

I am a brand new player and will follow your thread since I am interested in team building too but not experienced at it at all. I would also love to see some theme team builds.

Sadly, because of my inexperience I have very little to offer in the way of team building advise but I was being coached by some veteran players last night and I discovered that Professor X "recruiting Young mutants" is a very powerful card to have on a team. it is normally played with only one die because you might not want to pay for the die but rather you want use it for the global ability to accelerate the game. I found it to be a very powerful early game tool. When you do put together a successful xmen team I hope you will post it here. Good luck

Hi there,

I'm also quite new in here and had played DM for least 5 months. If would like to share my X-men team builds, there are some variants

X-Team - Control Type:
    Beast, Genetic Expert (4 dice)
    Storm, African Priestess (3 dice)
    Gambit, Ace in the Hole (3 dice)
    Mr.Fantastic, Brilliant Scientist (2 die-global only) --> you may change with Phoenix, Ms.Psyche
    Cerebro, Supercomputer (3 dices)
    Prof.X, Recruting Young Mutants (1 die-global only)
    Constantine, Hellblazer (4 dice) --> you may change with Angel, Air Transport

BACs:
    Distraction
    Transfer Power

X-men - Aggro Type
    Kitty Pride, Ariel (4 dice)
    Storm, African Priestess (3 dice)
    Quicksilver, Pietro Maximoff (3 dice)
    Cerebro, Cybernetic Intellegence (2 dice)
    Icemen, Too Cool for Words (2 dice)
    Cyclops, Field Leader (2 dice) OR Cyclops, If Looks Could Kill (2 dice)
    Prof.X, Recruting Young Mutants (1 die--global only)
    Phoenix, Redd (2 die) OR Phoenix, Ms.Psyche (2 die)

BACs:
    Relentless
    Invulnerability

Hey,

Thanks for sharing your teams. They look fun and i see they are both running prof x for his global. I will try them out for sure. I am putting together my first three full teams and somehow professor x made it on all of them. I am probably going to post them in general and see what kind of reaction I get. I guess the only real way to see how they do is to test them out though. I am hoping to bring at least one of them to my local venue which I will am planning on visiting for the first time this week. Thanks again for sharing your teams. I might bring the second one to the venue.

I would take a look at @IsaacBV 's front page article:

http://www.thereservepool.com/conten...mpetitive-Team

Win condition

Maybe Wolverine - Formerly Weapon Ten?

Churn/ramp

Professor X, definitely.

Targeted removal

Cerebro - Cybernetic Intelligence

Board Sweep

Storm: Goddess of the Plains

Counters/control

Maybe Beast: Kreature?

Turn one/turn two

Get some Hulk Out action dice and use for PXG. Wolverine + Hulk Out = lots of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by aurora_sing View Post
    Hi Phoenix,

I am a brand new player and will follow your thread since I am interested in team building too but not experienced at it at all. I would also love to see some theme team builds.

Sadly, because of my inexperience I have very little to offer in the way of team building advise but I was being coached by some veteran players last night and I discovered that Professor X "recruiting Young mutants" is a very powerful card to have on a team. it is normally played with only one die because you might not want to pay for the die but rather you want use it for the global ability to accelerate the game. I found it to be a very powerful early game tool. When you do put together a successful xmen team I hope you will post it here. Good luck

Hey @aurora_sing , @Phoenix and @Zehnarm welcome to the forums!
    Hope you find the forums enjoyable

And great suggestion on PXG for the team, cornerstone for any X-Men themed teamed for sure

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    I would take a look at @IsaacBV 's front page article:

http://www.thereservepool.com/conten...mpetitive-Team

Win condition

Maybe Wolverine - Formerly Weapon Ten?

Churn/ramp

Professor X, definitely.

Targeted removal

Cerebro - Cybernetic Intelligence

Board Sweep

Storm: Goddess of the Plains

Counters/control

Maybe Beast: Kreature?

Turn one/turn two

Get some Hulk Out action dice and use for PXG. Wolverine + Hulk Out = lots of damage.

Great framework for the team to start building off of!

There is another anti-mainstream team build. It is little bit slow but fun to play

X-Men - Mid-range (Semi-control)

Churn:
    Beast - Mutant 666 (4 dice)
    Gambit - Ace in The Hole (3 dice)

Counter:
    Mr.Fantastic - Brilliant Scientist (1 dice-global only)
    Prof.X - Charles Francis Xavier (2 dice)

Removal:
    Storm - Wind Rider

Support:
    Sabretooth - Something to Prove (3 dice)
    Marvel Girl - Humanity (2 dice)

Win Conditions:
    Collosus - Piotr Rasputin (2 dice)

BACs:
    Distraction
    Polymorph

Strategy:
    First/2nd turn: buy beasts and drag
    3rd-4th: buy gambit and spam mask. Play defensively using distraction. If you had a chance, buy collosus as soon as possible
    Late game: you may buy marvel girl to heal. Buy sabretooth or polymorph to more consistent leveling up. Buy Prof.X to total lockdown; last field storm to clean up the threat.

TIPS: you may spin down beast using polymorph to maximize the effect or use Polymorph BAC's effect to quick summon collosus.