Thread: Hulk Vs Fireball

Hulk Vs Fireball

Ok, I launch a Fireball while I have hulk of the table. How much damage do I take, my creatures take, my opponent take and his creatures take? Also, Is that 1 damage thing global, or can I only do that when I use the fireball?

If I understand it correctly, assuming I don't roll the 2 stars, My creatures and I only take 2 damage each and my opponent and his creatures will take 6. (2 from fireball, 2 from hulk being damaged and another 2 from hulk when I am damaged) I am also thinking the extra damage is part of the text and there fore not global and I use it when I use the fireball.

Hulk would not trigger twice.

If a single source deals damage to both Hulk and his controller simultaneously that results in Hulk only triggering the once.

And the extra "...spend to deal 1 damage..." text is indeed not a global.
    Last edited by Scorpion0x17; 07-31-2015 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Hulk would not trigger twice.

If a single source deals damage to both Hulk and his controller simultaneously that results in Hulk only triggering the once.

And the extra "...spend to deal 1 damage..." text is indeed but a global.
    It is a global?

Also, what if Hulk and I tske damage from 2 different sources, such as 2 different attacking creatures?

Quote Originally Posted by Critenstein View Post
    Also, Is that 1 damage thing global, or can I only do that when I use the fireball?
    Not a global. Globals have Red text, and that ability is clearly worded to be used in conjunction with the rest of the card's ability text.

It is a global?
    Sorry. Auto-correct error that I didn't spot.

It is indeed NOT a global.

Also, what if Hulk and I tske damage from 2 different sources, such as 2 different attacking creatures?
    There is some debate over this.

Some say that because combat damage is dealt simultaneously, it is considered to be a single source.

Others say that that it is clearly multiple sources and should be considered as such.

Unless I've missed/forgotten a ruling, WizKids have yet to clear this up.

Personally, I would treat damage from two attacking characters as two separate and distinct sources.

It's simultaneous. Its from one die itself. Even the name is called Fireball meaning once source, with one fire jet stream. But its multiple times when spending a bolt pinging Hulk.

In Addition. If it would be 2 Sources, the Active player, so he is the agressor for it, choses which effect of what card gets first.

Sure there are Ping Pong Ball- Effects like Firestorm Matter Master, Nova Human Rocket, White Queen Super Rare,...

There is some debate over this.

Some say that because combat damage is dealt simultaneously, it is considered to be a single source.

Others say that that it is clearly multiple sources and should be considered as such.

Unless I've missed/forgotten a ruling, WizKids have yet to clear this up.

Personally, I would treat damage from two attacking characters as two separate and distinct sources.
    Two attacking characters are considered separate sources per this ruling:

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...hp?f=10&t=5936

When a card’s ability is triggered multiple times by the same, simultaneous game effect, the card’s ability only triggers once. Here, there is a single game effect (the attacking Martian Manhunter’s attack damage) which resolves simultaneously. As a result, a card ability triggered by that game effect (Hulk) only triggers once. In your example, Hulk would only deal 3 damage to opposing characters.

Some people have been confused about what constitutes multiple game effects. A second copy of Martian Manhunter, dealing damage directly to the player, would be an additional game effect. Emphasis mine

And here is the "Whenever" for Hulk and the Player.... back to the Paper for Thanos.... Really i never considered that an Unblocked and a blocked character trigger him 2 Twice. But ok... .

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Two attacking characters are considered separate sources per this ruling:

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...hp?f=10&t=5936
    AH! Thank you! I had a niggling feeling in the back of my mind that I was forgetting a recent ruling, and that was it!

Happens to the best of us.

Happens to the best of us.

What about if fireball is rolled on the double burst side? The way that I read it, the fireball does 2 damage to everything, then subsequently does an additional 1 damage to everything. I would think that if the intent was for the fireball to deal 3 damage, the wording would be "** Instead, fireball deals 3 damage to...", or "** Increase that damage by 1", or something like that. When it says "deal 1 additional damage", I read that as a second, smaller blast. So, two questions - 1) am I right in that a double-burst fireball deals 2 damage then 1 damage, and 2) would this trigger hulk twice?