Thread: Wasp Card Choice

Wasp Card Choice

With only 8 cards per deck and 2 BACs per player, choosing the right card is always paramount. Additionally, as more and more cards are released, new cards have similar wording to older cards or even similar wording to different versions of the same character. Thus I'd like to start a discussion concerning the AOU Wasp cards.

1) In what situations would you choose Wasp-Founding Avenger over Jinzo-Trap Destroyer or vice versa?

2) In what situations would you choose Wasp-Founder Avenger's global over Wasp-Bio-electric Blasts'/Wasp-The Winsome Wasp's global?

3) In what situation's would you choose any of the Wasp's global over BAC: Magic Missile?

Additionally, if you have any cards that you feel are similar to others please feel free to include those in the discussion. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s1088-trapdestroyer.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	128.2 KB 
ID:	2190   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	105.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	2192   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	133.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	2191  

The only times you don't want Jinzo or Founding Avenger is if you are running Imprison. Otherwise, Founding Avenger Wasp to me always wins out.

My initial thought is if you are planning to use a buff Global like the Basic Action Card (BAC) Enrage or Anger Issues then Wasp: Bio-Electric Blasts is the choice. For each +1A buff you give someone, including Wasp, gives Wasp +1A and +1D. There currently is no Global that explicitly gives you +2A and +1D for one energy. If you have multiple Wasps fielded then the additional A and D is extremely powerful.

Equally if you have the PXG global available either through Professor X: Recruiting Young Mutants or Trainer then Wasp becomes a relevant blocker (as you are likely using the Global on your opponents turn). PXG is a often performed in 2's and 3's as opposed to once per turn. This could lead to a +3A and +3D advantage leaving Wasp with 5A and 5D on it's level 1 face.

Quote Originally Posted by fun4willis View Post
    My initial thought is if you are planning to use a buff Global like the Basic Action Card (BAC) Enrage or Anger Issues then Wasp: Bio-Electric Blasts is the choice. For each +1A buff you give someone, including Wasp, gives Wasp +1A and +1D. There currently is no Global that explicitly gives you +2A and +1D for one energy. If you have multiple Wasps fielded then the additional A and D is extremely powerful.

Equally if you have the PXG global available either through Professor X: Recruiting Young Mutants or Trainer then Wasp becomes a relevant blocker (as you are likely using the Global on your opponents turn). PXG is a often performed in 2's and 3's as opposed to once per turn. This could lead to a +3A and +3D advantage leaving Wasp with 5A and 5D on it's level 1 face.
    It's only once per Global though, so 3 PxG's would only give +1/+1.

http://wes.mfv.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4588#p10963

Really all depends on my build. My main deck runs Jinzo. It controls the pace of the game. But my second deck runs with Ultron and Drones. Ultron being a six cost I decided to go with Wasp. It's all in the price range and what type of deck your running. Wasp is more of a defensive character. I would choose Jinzo every time because his stats are better, burns life quicker and burns life with actions.

Wasp is early game control while Jinzo is designed to be late game win condition and ramp denial.

Jinzo isnt really a Win condition. No one's going to burn themselves out. He's an early game buy to slow down the game.

Quote Originally Posted by IgwanaRob View Post
    It's only once per Global though, so 3 PxG's would only give +1/+1.

http://wes.mfv.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4588#p10963
    Thanks for pointing that out!

Does this mean that Wasp: Founding Avenger works the same?

Her text could read:
    While Wasp is active, when your opponent uses a Global Ability, she deals them 1 damage. You may only use this ability once per turn for each Global Ability.

You literally mixed up the words. Its read as not as could.

While Wasp is active, when your opponent uses a Global Ability, she deals them 1 damage.
    Global: Once per turn, you may pay to deal 1 damage to a character or player.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    @fun4willis , no. The uncommon got an official errata, the rare did not. The rares ability would deal a damage for each global used and each time it was used, while active. So, for example, a level 3 Wasp (4d) would deal 4 damage if a player used magic missile global and 4 bolts to ping her away.

A good early game strategy would be Wasp and anything aggressive. Dicemasters doesn't favor sitting back defensively and winning through indirect damage. Jocasta changes that, but without her, we generally still have to win through combat. A good strategy is to combine something aggressive with Wasp, so that you force your opponent to use those globals and take the damage or take the damage from your threat. Without that pressure, wasp can be ignored until you can get the right removal effect online to take her out.