Thread: Day of dice

Day of dice

Hey guys,

I'm really trying to actively grow my local scene and am already turning my attention to the next set I'll be buying (spider man at present) and was wondering if anyone here ran or organised any launch day/weekend events in their areas who had any tips.

My inclination is to just have a whole day of dice going on, I.e. Get down to the store at 10 when it opens, open all the lovely goodies (or some of them), run a few demo games till 12 then in to a draft tournament with the new set (either paid or free if using gravity feeds we'd already purchase - cards returning to purchaser naturally) then moving in to a constructed tournament in the evening which could possibly be limited to the new set or open (to give people a chance to see the other sets). But I am aware this could be overkill....

So any ideas welcome.

Take my Iron man idea and theme it to spider man

Or a new event I am looking at called catch the fly - you assign one player as the fly (I might even make it a BAC)

Who ever is the fly at the end of the event will win something
    The fly can not refuse a challenge
    The fly may trade the fly card
    The fly must give up the fly before they leave the store
    You can't challenge the fly unless you have played the same amount of games

Additional prizes could be most wins throughout out the day, best Defense of the fly, ect ect

We normally do a draft event with the new set, followed by a constructed. We'll give players a window to re-work teams between the events in case they get really good stuff in the draft.

We do draft (mainly whats recent for the game), then constructed the week after.

At least you're honest!

"The Fly" sounds like a lot of fun, and I plan to steal it for my own use sometime...

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    At least you're honest!

"The Fly" sounds like a lot of fun, and I plan to steal it for my own use sometime...
    Just add it to the Iron Man ....:P