Thread: OP cards

The AvX OP participation prizes were all Basic Action cards - I got a set of all 6 of them off eBay for less than $10 shipped. DC Trinity War (going on now) also has a few interesting Basic Action Cards.

Aside from that, *most* of them are "fun" cards, but nothing really all that game-breaking. If your area is starting, I would say to definitely go and play. At the very least, you'll get the participation card, and you can always trade it for cards you want with someone who doesn't live in an area that does OP events.

I don't think there is a "must-have". I've ignored most of them and I will continue to do so!

Agreed there doesn’t seem to be any must haves, but there are definitely a few fun cards to mess around with though, and things that may have untapped combo potential as more sets come out.

My faves so far are:

Your opinion might change tomorrow..... We have an article with a team that we debuted at the GenCon constructed events that could make a huge impact moving forward. It features an OP card NOT pictured above, and has potential for a third turn win. Speculate away, and tune back in tomorrow morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Your opinion might change tomorrow..... We have an article with a team that we debuted at the GenCon constructed events that could make a huge impact moving forward. It features an OP card NOT pictured above, and has potential for a third turn win. Speculate away, and tune back in tomorrow morning!
    Pheonix Force?

Turn 3 without strong Attacker Cards in OP at Low Cost. Limited Wish and a RedDragonGlobal integrated?

Also i think the most reliable card for this is Collateral Damage: Basic Action Card
    "Deal one damage to your opponent for each opposing character you knock out this turn."
    +
    Shazam Trinity War : When bought put him in the Prep Area.

Or something with Heli Carrier and Fury Patch^^.

@Ressless nope. None of those cards. I won't answer every guess, because I don't want to steal the thunder of tomorrow's contributor. But feel free to keep throwing ideas around.

I think Marvel Girl: Humanity and Scarlet Witch: Avengers Disassembled ("While Scarlet Witch is active, all Avengers characters get -2A and -3D.") are pretty great against Tsarina. Scarlet Witch is also a good counter to Avengers and/or Patch teams, particularly given AOU just released.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    @Ressless nope. None of those cards. I won't answer every guess, because I don't want to steal the thunder of tomorrow's contributor. But feel free to keep throwing ideas around.
    It is the alt art common Vixen, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by OddballNarwhal View Post
    It is the alt art common Vixen, isn't it?
    I sometimes wonder if Wizkids intentionally designed Vixen that way just to give us all something to rag on...it has become such a commonly used joke, it has garnered a lot of attention for being horrible.

Fun Stuff...a decade from now when we are all talking about the new "Juggernaut: Unstoppable" set, we'll still be joking that the worst card in that set is "at least better than Common Vixen"...