Thread: Gaming and exercise

Just noticed this now!

I desperately want to change my setup at work so I can do more standing than sitting. I don't know too much about wrist weights, but how much would I be looking at money-wise, @RoddofNor ?

For the record, Alanna and I went out and bought some tea so we can take the advice dished out on the podcast. Good suggestion, Rodd. Dare I say -- I may be a fan of berry tea. (I never would have tried it on my own.)

Looking to try the pepper thing as well. I'm sitting here with my bag of baby carrots.

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    Just noticed this now!

I desperately want to change my setup at work so I can do more standing than sitting. I don't know too much about wrist weights, but how much would I be looking at money-wise, @RoddofNor ?
    At my office, I convinced my employer to buy me a Varidesk.

About $300 a pop, but they're really convenient. In lieu of that, most people have resorted to putting mini bookshelves and the like on their desk to achieve the necessary height.

The Varidesk changed (wait...I need to stand up) how I work drastically. Try to spend 2+ hrs at least standing.

I'm 6'5" and with all the cords/cables, it would be a pain to setup.

Maybe I will just do it myself somehow.

Honestly I use time that I would listen to a podcast or read on the forums to jump on an elliptical so I am not just sitting around. So not as much game and exercise, but using my down time to be active

Yeah, I do that too now, and I would highly recommend it to others.

I do that too. For the record, not everyone like sports. Don't be a jerk, @Scum ! Boooo! Boooooo!

It's kinda hard to roll dice whilst playing sports....

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Anyone up for a round of lacrosse DM?

Edit: as Canadian Champ should I endorse something more Canadian? Hockey DM? Curling DM? What say you, @RJRETRO , @Osprey , and countless other wonderful citizens of the Great White North?

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    I was looking at WES and found it as a badge. Who knew?!