Thread: Fall 2015 OP events

Fall 2015 OP events

Some of these solicitations even feature card names! Read on for details...

Marvel Dice Masters: Ant-Man Monthly Organized Play Kit

For September in-store play.

Each Marvel Dice Masters: Ant-Man Monthly Organized Play (OP) Kit contains the following:
    Twenty Ant-Man: Biophysicist Limited Edition Alternate Art Participation Cards
    Five copies each of 2 Limited Edition Marvel Dice Masters Competitive Prize Cards (Wasp: Bio-Electric
    Blasts alternate-art cards and Ultron: Nanite Virus)
    One Instruction Sheet

Sellable Unit: Marvel Dice Masters: Ant-Man Monthly OP Kit (September 2015)
    Stock # : 72210
    Release: Aug 2015
    Order By: Jun 24, 2015
    MSRP: Not For Resale
    UPC: 634482722107

DC Comics Dice Masters: Teen Titans Go! Monthly Organized Play Kit

For October in-store play.

Each DC Comics Dice Masters: Teen Titans Go! Monthly Organized Play Kit contains the following:
    5 copies each of 2 Limited Edition DC Comics Dice Masters Competitive Prize Cards (TBA)
    20 Limited Edition DC Comics Dice Masters Participation Prize Cards (TBA)
    One Instruction Sheet

Sellable Unit: Marvel Dice Masters: Thanos Imperative Monthly OP Kit
    Stock # : 72114
    Release: Sep 2015
    Order By: July 07, 2015
    UPC: 634482721148

Marvel Dice Masters: Thanos Imperative Monthly Organized Play Kit

For November in-store play.

Each Marvel Dice Masters: Thanos Imperative Monthly Organized Play (OP) Kit contains the following:
    Twenty Star-Lord Limited Edition Alternate Art Participation Cards
    Five copies each of 2 Limited Edition Marvel Dice Masters Competitive Prize Cards (Nova: Nova Prime and Thanos: Gauntlet Wielder cards)
    One Instruction Sheet

Sellable Unit: Marvel Dice Masters: Thanos Imperative Monthly OP Kit
    Stock # : 72211
    Release: Oct 2015
    Order By: Aug 04, 2015
    UPC: 634482722114

DC Comics Dice Masters: Classic Legion of Doom Monthly Organized Play Kit

Please note that stores will receive the Organized Play Kits in December for January in-store play.

Each DC Comics Dice Masters: Classic Legion of Doom Monthly Organized Play Kit (OP) Kit contains the following:
    Twenty Limited Edition Alternate Art Participation Cards
    Five copies each of two Limited Edition DC Comics Dice Masters Competitive Prize Cards
    One Instruction Sheet

Sellable Unit: Marvel DC Comics Dice Masters: Classic Legion of Doom Monthly Organized Play Kit
    Stock # : 72276
    Release: Jan 2016
    Order By: Nov 03, 2015
    UPC: 634482722763

Two interesting things:

First, of the ones that we know about, they seem to be doing a lot more Alternate Art promos as OP prizes. I think this is kinda cool, especially for people who may not be able to make it to OP events, they aren't "missing out" on playable cards. It also is probably easier on the designers, not having to come up with new gameplay mechanics :P

Second, I'm very curious if the Alt-Art Wasp will have the correct errata'd text. And if the Star-Lord Alt-Art will just *happen* to be the one with the mis-printed energy type, which will magically be corrected :-)

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Two interesting things:

First, of the ones that we know about, they seem to be doing a lot more Alternate Art promos as OP prizes. I think this is kinda cool, especially for people who may not be able to make it to OP events, they aren't "missing out" on playable cards. It also is probably easier on the designers, not having to come up with new gameplay mechanics :P

Second, I'm very curious if the Alt-Art Wasp will have the correct errata'd text. And if the Star-Lord Alt-Art will just *happen* to be the one with the mis-printed energy type, which will magically be corrected :-)
    I'm not sure about the second one, but I'd be willing to bet lots on the first. Lots and lots. You know, if that were legal.

I'm pretty positive about the second one. I heard through a grape vine that they were trying to get errata'd cards reprinted for folks. With Star-Lord being a participation prize, that means everyone can get a copy. With Wasp being a "fellowship" prize, it's likely that they want to keep her second market value up, but still pass out some errata'd text for her.

So... Let's assume this theory is correct...

"Twenty Ant-Man: Biophysicist Limited Edition Alternate Art Participation Cards"

So, what's the, so far unrevealed, errata?

The logical fallacy behind your assumption is that all OP cards are errata'd cards, when I said that some OP cards will be Errata'd cards.

Ant Man is simply the THEME of the OP because Age of Ultron and Ant-Man movies have been recent.

I know.

It was meant as a "what if ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    I'm pretty positive about the second one. I heard through a grape vine that they were trying to get errata'd cards reprinted for folks. With Star-Lord being a participation prize, that means everyone can get a copy. With Wasp being a "fellowship" prize, it's likely that they want to keep her second market value up, but still pass out some errata'd text for her.
    My only "issue" with it is that the incorrect Star-Lord is the Rare version. Before now we've mostly had the Alt-Arts be Common or Uncommon cards (with Tsarina being the exception, but that card isn't exactly easy to acquire). Do we think they'd be passing out a Rare card as a Participation prize?

Other speculation: Since these are obviously tie-ins to the movies, any chance we would get MCU photos instead of comic art?

I hope so
    And I prefer these Alt Art cards to new cards, currently while there isnt anything Must have in the OP kits, being a newer player and in Australia, it is just really hard and/or costly to get my hands on them

None of my stores where running OP events until I started getting the community together in one place, and even then it is impossible for our store to get the DC OP kits at the moment

I had only seen Teen titans up to this point, very cool

Both new art and new cards are cool, but I personally like the new cards. So far nothing is killer must have overpowered, they're just fun and different. I think that's what prizes should be. They shouldn't tip the meta, they should just be something new and different.

Anyone actually seen the new cards yet? I'm curious to see the entirely new ones...

My store is running the ant-man OP prizes on 08/27, I'm looking forward to the new Ultron card more that the alt-art.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatman View Post
    Anyone actually seen the new cards yet? I'm curious to see the entirely new ones...
    I can fill you in in about a month @Meatman . I'm sure we'll seem them long before then.
    @Bestia Have you store order that Thanos kit (Stock # : 72211 / UPC: 634482722114) by tomorrow so they don't miss the cut off!